College preparatory course
A College preparatory course is a means by which college bound high school students may better meet the more stringent scholastic requirements for entry into colleges and universities. Students taking college-preparatory courses may have an increased quantity of classwork, and expectations to achieve are at a higher level. The GPA (grade point average) weight for college-preparatory courses may have more value for college entry programs than regular courses. College prep courses are particularly appropriate for providing the academic background needed to succeed in a degree program at a college or university. Above college-preparatory in difficulty is honors, where the advanced structure while similar in many ways to college prep, requires even more effort from the student. In many schools, a student can move from college-preparatory courses to Advanced Placement courses, if they attain a certain average.
- ↑ Stgregoryschool.org, "Why St. Gregory?", accessed 02-06-2009
- ↑ collegeboard.com, "College planning made easy], accessed 02-06-2009
- ↑ 3.0 3.1 washington.edu, "College Preparation Resources for Students ", accessed 02-06-2009
- ↑ University of California, "Welcome to UC College Prep, a statewide program of the University of California", accessed 02-06-2009
- ↑ collegeboard.com, "Advanced Placement Program", accessed 02-06-2009