Colin Buchanan (bishop)
|The Rt Revd|
|Bishop of Woolwich|
|Diocese||Diocese of Southwark|
|In office||1996–2004 (retired)|
honorary assistant bishop in Bradford (2004–present); and in Rochester (1989–1996)|
Bishop of Aston (1985–1989)
Principal, London College of Divinity (1979–1985)
|Ordination||1961 (deacon); 1962 (priest)|
|Born||8 August 1934|
|Parents||Prof. Robert & Kathleen Parnell|
|Spouse||wife (m. 1963)|
|Alma mater||Lincoln College, Oxford|
Colin Ogilvie Buchanan (born 8 August 1934) is a retired Anglican bishop of the Church of England. Buchanan was the Bishop of Aston from 1985 until 1989 and then, after time as the Vicar of St Mark's Gillingham, Kent, the area Bishop of Woolwich.
Buchanan was educated at Whitgift School and Lincoln College, Oxford. Ordained in 1962 he was a curate in Cheadle, Greater Manchester, after which he was successively librarian, registrar and finally (before his ordination to the episcopate) principal of St John's College, Nottingham. He is married with two children and in retirement is an honorary assistant bishop in the Diocese of Bradford.
- Buchanan, Colin (2006). Historical Dictionary of Anglicanism. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press. ISBN 978-0810853270.
- — (1998). Is the Church of England Biblical?: An Anglican Ecclesiology. London, UK: Darton, Longman & Todd, Ltd. ISBN 978-0232521344.
- Crockford's Clerical Directory 2008/2009 Lambeth, Church House Publishing ISBN 978-0-7151-1030-0
- Then John Michael Austin Crockfords (ibid)
- St Mark's Church, Gillingham
- "Buchanan, Rt Rev. Colin Ogilvie", Who's Who 2012, A & C Black, 2012; online edition, Oxford University Press, December 2011 , accessed 4 July 2012
- Debrett's People of Today London, 2008 Debrett's, ISBN 978-1-870520-95-9
- Buchanan, Colin (2006). "About the Author". Historical Dictionary of Anglicanism. Lanham, Maryland: Scarecrow Press. pp. 551–554. ISBN 978-0810853270.
|Church of England titles|
|Bishop of Aston
Title next held byJohn Austin
|Bishop of Woolwich
| Succeeded by|