|Coordinates||38°15′59″S 141°57′08″E / 38.26639°S 141.95222°ECoordinates: 38°15′59″S 141°57′08″E / 38.26639°S 141.95222°E|
|Population||540 (2006 census)|
|LGA(s)||Shire of Moyne|
Codrington is notable for the wind farm and for being the only township in Australia to be named after a bushranger. In 1850 Victorian bushranger Henry Garratt used the alias Codrington Revingstone when he held up the Portland to Port Fairy mail coach three times causing the area to become known as Codrington's Forest.
In the 1870s a township was surveyed on the projected road to Portland close to the coast at 38°16′40″S 141°56′26″E / 38.27778°S 141.94056°E and named Codrington after the surveyed parish in the County of Villiers which had been earlier named as Codrington. A road was later built inland and the township was never populated.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Codrington, Victoria.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (25 October 2007). "Yambuk (State Suburb)". 2006 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 17 August 2007.
- "Portland Stage 1 - Yambuk Wind Farm". Pacific Hydro. Retrieved 17 March 2007.
- Learmonth, Noel F. (1970), Four Towns and a Survey., Hawthorn Press: Melbourne
- Premier Postal History. "Post Office List". Premier Postal Auctions. Retrieved 16 June 2012.