Club de la Union
|Founded||10 October 1868|
|Address||Jirón de la Unión, Plaza Mayor of Lima|
|Clubhouse occupied since||1942|
|Club established for||Politicians and military|
|Home Page|| clubdelaunion|
The Club de la Unión is a non-profit Peruvian civil association which was founded on October 10, 1868. Its founders include such notable historical figures such as admiral Miguel Grau, colonel Alfonso Ugarte, and colonel Francisco Bolognesi, many of which would later go on to serve in the Peruvian military during the War of the Pacific.
Currently, the Club de la Unión is headquartered in the heart of the Historic center of Lima on the Plaza Mayor. Its offices occupy the Palacio de la Unión which is located at the intersection of the Jirón de la Unión and the Jiron Huallaga.
The Palacio de la Unión was inaugurated in 1942 and is considered a Monument of National Heritage by the National Institute of Culture and along with the Government Palace, Cathedral of Lima, Archbishop's Palace and the Municipal Palace of Lima forms the Plaza Mayor of Lima.
The club also maintains a beach headquarters in the Santa Rosa District which also serves as a sports complex.