Clare (Parliament of Ireland constituency)
Clare was a constituency represented in the Irish House of Commons until 1800.
In the Patriot Parliament of 1689 summoned by King James II, Clare was represented with two members.
Members of Parliament
- 1583 Sir Turlogh O’Brien, Ennistymon.
- 1585 Boetius Clancy, Knockfinn.
- 1613 Sir Daniel O'Brien, later Viscount Clare.
- 1613 Boetius Clancy, Knockfinn.
- 1634 Sir Barnaby O’Brien (later 6th Earl of Thomond).
- 1634 Boetius Clancy
- 1634 Sir Daniel O'Brien.
- 1639 Dermot O’Brien of Dromore.
- 1639 Donogh O’Brien of Dough.
- 1654 Sir Hardress Waller;Henry Ingoldsby (First Protectorate Parliament, Westminster}
- 1654 Sir Hardress Waller;Henry Ingoldsby (Second Protectorate Parliament, Westminster}
- 1659 Sir Hardress Waller;Henry Ingoldsby (Third Protectorate Parliament, Westminster}
- 1661 Henry O'Brien, Lord Ibrackan.
- 1661 Sir Henry Ingoldsby, 1st Baronet of Beggstown Castle, Co. Meath.
- ↑ Declared not duly elected in 1776
- O'Hart, John (2007). The Irish and Anglo-Irish Landed Gentry: When Cromwell came to Ireland. vol. II. Heritage Books. ISBN 0-7884-1927-7.
- Leigh Rayment's historical List of Members of the Irish House of Commonscites: Johnston-Liik, Edith Mary (2002). The History of the Irish Parliament 1692-1800 (6 volumes). Ulster Historical Foundation.
Coordinates: 52°53′58.95″N 9°7′10.28″W / 52.8997083°N 9.1195222°W