Clan name may refer to one of the following:
- Chinese clan name (Chinese: 氏; pinyin: shì), one of two types of ancient Chinese surnames distinct from the ancestral name (姓, xing)
- Mongolian clan name, a portion of a Mongolian name
- Roman clan name, a common element of Latin names, usually the second name following the praenomen and before the cognomen
- Scottish clan, a geographically based system of family groupings (and, historically, of government) in Scotland
- Xhosa clan name, a respectful way of referring to a Xhosa person, after the name of a prominent ancestor
Although clan names today tend to be restricted to the above named cultures, many other nations have traditionally been sub-divided into clans. For historical details, see the entry at Clan.