Church of SS Peter & Paul, Aston
|SS Peter & Paul, Aston|
|52°30′25″N 1°52′47″W / 52.5070°N 1.8797°WCoordinates: 52°30′25″N 1°52′47″W / 52.5070°N 1.8797°W|
|Denomination||Church of England|
|Dedication||St Peter & St Paul|
There is a little 14th-century stonework remaining. The steeple dates from the 15th century, partially rebuilt 1776–77 by John Cheshire. Otherwise the church dates from a design (1879–90) by J. A. Chatwin. It contains many old monuments including an alabaster knight of c. 1360 and a sandstone lady of c. 1490.
It is Grade II* listed.
The church had a 3 manual pipe organ built by Banfield in 1901.
List of organists
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Church of SS Peter & Paul, Aston.|
- Pevsner Architectural Guides - Birmingham, Andy Foster, 2005, ISBN 0-300-10731-5
- Historic England. "Grade II* (217814)". Images of England....In the 1950s and 1960s the 37th Boys Brigade from Lichfield Road would have a weekly Parade on Sunday mornings.
- Dictionary of Organs and Organists. First Edition. 1912
- CWGC Cemetery Report. Breakdown obtained from casualty record.