Christ Church, Geelong
The Geelong parish pre-dates the Diocese of Melbourne and was founded on 7 October 1843, when the Bishop of Australia, William Grant Broughton, laid the foundation stone at the north-east corner of the present nave. The church was opened and dedicated on 27 June 1847, and the enlarged church was consecrated on 25 October 1859. The church is the only one in Victoria designed by the colonial architect Edmund Blacket. It was enlarged in 1855 by the addition of the transepts and sanctuary.