Chinese Train Control System
The Chinese Train Control System (CTCS, simpl.chinese: 中国列车控制系统) is a train control system used on railway lines in People's Republic of China. CTCS is similar to the European Train Control System (ETCS).
It has two subsystems: ground subsystem and onboard subsystem. The ground subsystem may based on balise, track circuit, radio communication network (GSM-R), and Radio Block Center (RBC). The onboard subsystem includes onboard computer and communication module.
CTCS has several levels:
- CTCS-0: Track Circuit + Cab Signalling + LKJ2000,
- CTCS-1: Track Circuit + Cab Signalling + LKJ2000 + Balise,
- CTCS-2: Track Circuit + Balise + ATP, the track circuit is used both for block occupation detection and movement authorization, its architecture is similar to TVM-300.
- CTCS-3D: Track Circuit + Balise + ATP, CTCS-3D is equivalent to the European ETCS Level-1
- CTCS-3: Balise + GSM-R + ATP, using CTCS-2 as the backup system, CTCS-3 is equivalent to the European ETCS Level-2 + CTCS-2.
- CTCS-4: Balise + GSM-R + ATP, moving block
Levels 2, 3, and 4 are back-compatible with lower levels.
- Hitachi Rail - Hitachi wins contract to supply Automatic Train Protection (ATP) system for China's dedicated high speed passenger line
- Intelligent Control In Railway Network (Author: Bin Ning, Beijing Jiaotong University)
- Railway Gazette - Beijing - Tianjin elevated design anticipates 350 km/h (01 Mar 2006)