Charee Pineda in March 2011
Crissha Charity Morrison Pineda|
27 September 1990
Imus, Cavite, Philippines
GMA Artist Center (2004–2006; 2013–present)|
Star Magic (2006–2013)
Eliza Pineda (sister)|
Jennylyn Mercado (cousin)
Charee Pineda, (born Crissha Charee Morrison Pineda on 27 September 1990) is an American - Filipina actress, politician and one of ABS-CBN's Star Magic artists. Her career began when she was cast as the "sweetilicious" girl on ABS-CBN's defunct teen sitcom Let's Go. She is best known for playing the roles of Marissa Ocampo in Katorse, Jeri Cenarosa in Precious Hearts Romances Presents: Alyna and Rosalie Dimaano in Angelito: Batang Ama and Angelito: Ang Bagong Yugto where she was paired up with JM De Guzman.
She won her first major acting award via Alon, a Cinema One Originals 2008 entry, and received the Best Actress award besting several Filipina indie actresses. She's known as the youngest recipient of the Best Actress award in Cinema One Originals.
She is also the sister of Actress Singer Model Eliza Pineda.
Early life and education
Charee Pineda was born on September 27, 1990. She took her elementary education at the Maysan Elementary School and graduated in 2002. She continued her secondary education at the Colegio Sto. Niño de Valenzuela. For college she attended the Arellano University, earning a Bachelor of Arts degree majoring in Political Science in 2015. She also finished a two-year course at the SKD Academy for Culinary Arts.
Charee Pineda started out as a print ad model of beauty products and did freelance modeling jobs. She was discovered through her cousin Jennylyn Mercado. She first appeared as an actress in the GMA-7 afternoon drama show Ikaw Sa Puso Ko as the jealous Mirasol. Becky Aguila took her wings as manager and became a freelancer for a while, working for both network, ABS-CBN and GMA Network. In 2006, she was seen in the Kapamilya station (ABS-CBN) and became a part of the Saturday Barkada show Let's Go as Charie, the crush ng bayan. She was paired with majority of the guys in the show. Alex Gonzaga, Eda Nolan, Joem Bascon and Mikel Campos are graduates of the said show.
After her stint in Let's Go, Charee accepted the offer of the Kapuso network to appear in the drama show Impostora as Trish, the other party of the Mart Escudero and Jennica Garcia loveteam. The writers decided to kill her character because of the conflict between GMA Network and her manager, Becky Aguila. She then moved back to the Kapamilya network and appeared in Lovespell with Gee-Ann Abrahan, Mickey Perz and Bodie Cruz.
|Crissha M. Pineda|
|Member of the Valenzuela City Council from the 2nd district|
Assumed office |
30 June 2013
|Sangguniang Kabataan Chairman of Barangay Parada, Valenzuela City|
30 November 2007 – 30 November 2010
Crissha Morrison Pineda|
27 September 1990
Pineda ran for councilor in Valenzuela City in 2013 elections, her allied is outgoing councilor Shalani Soledad-Romulo, where she won 4th in the race. Her previous job is a Sangguniang Kabataan (SK) chairman from 2007–2010.
|2012||Biyaheng Kariton Klasrom||Sheryl|
|2011||Catch Me, I'm in Love||Charms|
|2008||Alon (Sea Waves)||Vanni||Won Best Actress|
|2007||A Love Story||Stacey|
- Martinez-Belen, Cristina (28 September 2012). "'Batang Ama' Star To Run For Councilor". Manila Bulletin. Retrieved 30 December 2012.
- Nicasio, Maricris V. (November 12, 2011). "Charee Pineda says she waited five years before landing plum role in teleserye". pep.ph. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- 'Pintada,' 'Angelito' teaser trailers debut
- Sun, Cherry (March 31, 2015). "Ilang Kapuso stars, nagsipagtapos ngayong 2015". gmanetwork.com. Retrieved June 12, 2015.
- Mica, Myx (10 September 2007). "Who is Charee Pineda?". Hub Pages.
- Impostora, imdb.com, n.d. Accessed last June 12, 2015.
- Charee Pineda at the Internet Movie Database
- Sagad, Cecilia (2007-08-23). "Charee Pineda: Peek-a-boo star". Life & Entertainment stories. Manila Standard Today. Retrieved 2008-04-28
- Bautista, Mario E. (2007-08-02). "Dream Factory". Malaya Entertainment. Retrieved 2008-04-28