Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation
|This article is part of a series on the|
politics and government of
The Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation (Russian: Центральная избирательная комиссия Российской Федерации (Центризбирком)) is the superior power body responsible for conducting federal elections and overseeing local elections in the Russian Federation founded in September 1993. It consists of 15 members. The President of Russia, State Duma and Federation Council of Russia each appoint five members. In turn, these members elect the Chairman, Deputy Chairman and Secretary. The Commission is in power for a four-year term.
On January 30, 2007, amendments to the Russian election legislation, which would allow people without higher education in law to become members of the Central Election Commission (), were passed by the President of Russia.
The CEC of Russia is a member of the Association of Central and Eastern European Election Officials.
|Name||Term of office|
|Nikolay Ryabov||September 1993 - November 14, 1996|
|Alexander Ivanchenko||November 14, 1996 - March 24, 1999|
|Alexander Veshnyakov||March 24, 1999 - March 26, 2007|
|Vladimir Churov||March 26, 2007 - March 27, 2016|
|Ella Pamfilova||since March 28, 2016|
The composition of the Central Election Commission, as of December 2016.
|Nikolai Levichev||State Duma|
|Yevgeny Kolyushin||State Duma|
|Sergey Sirotkin||State Duma|
|Valery Kryukov||State Duma|
|Valery Galchenko||State Duma|
|Anton Lopatin||Federation Counsil|
|Mayya Grishina||Federation Counsil|
|Siyabshakh Shapiyev||Federation Counsil|
|Alexander Klyukin||Federation Counsil|
|Nikolay Bulayev||Federation Counsil|
- Campaign poster of the Central Election Commission for the 2008 Presidential Elections
- Центризбирком открыт для опытных неюристов by Syuzanna Farizova, Viktor Khamrayev, Irina Nagornykh. Kommersant, January 20, 2007.
- Ikstens, Jānis and more (October 2001). "Party and Campaign Funding in Eastern Europe: A Study of 18 Member Countries of the ACEEEO". International Foundation for Electoral Systems. found at Google Scholar
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Central Election Commission of Russia.|
- (English) Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation website
- (Russian) Central Election Commission of the Russian Federation website