Center for the Greek Language
|Founder||Government of Greece|
|Product||Greek cultural education|
The Center for the Greek language (Greek: Κέντρον Ελληνικής Γλώσσας) is a cultural and educational organization which aims at promoting the Greek language and culture. It is based in Thessaloniki, with also an office in Athens. The Center for the Greek Language acts as a coordinating, advisory and strategic organ of the Greek Ministry of Education on matters of language education and policy. It is linked to the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki.
The goals of the organization entail:
- the fostering and promotion of the Greek language within and outside Greece;
- through this, the reinforcement of the national identity of the Greeks in the diaspora;
- the organisation of the teaching of Greek to foreigners in Greece and abroad;
- the support of the teachers of the Greek language in Greece and abroad;
- the production of teaching materials, and anything else which contributes to the promotion and dissemination of the Greek language generally
- Official website
- – Portal for the Greek language and language education.