Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception, Sligo
This article refers to the Roman Catholic cathedral. For the Church of Ireland cathedral, see St John the Baptist Cathedral, Sligo.
The Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception on Temple Street in Sligo, Ireland, is the cathedral church of the Roman Catholic Diocese of Elphin. It was opened on 26 July 1874 by Cardinal Paul Cullen of Dublin and consecrated on 1 July 1897. The cathedral was built in a Norman style, and it is the only Norman styled cathedral in Ireland. It can seat 1400 people. It has an impressive spire at the front and large apse in the Sanctuary.
Original Protestant Church
- Beirne, Fr. Francis. "Parish History". Cathedral of the Immaculate Conception Sligo. Retrieved 28 June 2011.