Castelfranco Veneto railway station
The entrance to the passenger building.
Via Natale Melchiori|
31033 Castelfranco Veneto
Castelfranco Veneto, Treviso, Veneto
|Coordinates||45°40′00″N 11°56′02″E / 45.66667°N 11.93389°ECoordinates: 45°40′00″N 11°56′02″E / 45.66667°N 11.93389°E|
|Owned by||Rete Ferroviaria Italiana|
|Opened||16 July 1877|
Location within Northern Italy
Opened in 1877, the station is a junction of three lines, the Trento–Venice railway, the Vicenza–Treviso railway and the Calalzo–Padua railway, respectively. As such, it is one of the busiest railway junctions in the region.
The station is currently owned by Rete Ferroviaria Italiana (RFI). The commercial area of the passenger building is managed by Centostazioni. Train services to and from the station are operated by Trenitalia. Each of these companies is a subsidiary of Ferrovie dello Stato (FS), Italy's state-owned rail company.
The passenger building is a large three storey structure. Passenger services inside the building include ticketing, a waiting area, and a bar, all on the ground floor.
There are seven tracks running through the station, all of them equipped with platforms connected by a subway. Each platform has a shelter made of iron.
The goods yard has several tracks and a building, and is still partly used. In future, goods movements at the station will probably increase, because of a recent decision to dispose of old wooden sleepers by transporting them north to Sweden.
The station is served by the following service(s):
- High speed services (Frecciabianca) Milan - Verona - Vicenza - Treviso - Udine
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Vicenza - Citadella - Castelfranco Veneto - Treviso
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Padua - Castelfranco Veneto - Treviso
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Vicenza - Padua - Castelfranco Veneto - Montebelluna - Belluno - Ponte nelle Alpi-Polpet - Calalzo-Pieve di Cadore-Cortina
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Padua - Castelfranco Veneto - Montebelluna
- Regional services (Treno regionale) Bassano del Grappa - Castelfranco Veneto - Venice
|Preceding station||Trenitalia||Following station|
toward Milano Centrale
San Martino di Lupari
toward Treviso Centrale
toward Treviso Centrale
toward Calalzo-Pieve di Cadore-Cortina
Castello di Godego
toward Bassano del Grappo
toward Venezia Santa Lucia
Passenger and train movements
- "Capolinea a Castelfranco per le traversine dismesse nel nord Italia" [Castelfranco to be terminus for old sleepers in northern Italy]. Oggi Treviso website (in Italian). Oggi Treviso. 25 May 2009. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
- "Flussi Annui nelle 103 Stazioni" [Annual flows at the 103 stations]. Centostazioni website (in Italian). Centostazioni. Archived from the original on 9 February 2010. Retrieved 4 December 2010.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Castelfranco Veneto train station.|
This article is based upon a translation of the Italian language version as at December 2010.