Cardinal Lemoine (Paris Métro)
Cardinal Lemoine is a station on line 10 of the Paris Metro in the 5th arrondissement.
The station was opened on 26 April 1931 with the transfer of the section of line 10 between Maubert-Mutualité and Place Monge to line 7. Line 10 was deviated from its old route east of Maubert-Mutualité to the new station of Jussieu. Cardinal Lemoine was built at the southeastern end of the old route under the Rue Monge. It is named after the Rue de Cardinal Lemoine, named after Cardinal Jean Lemoine (1250–1313), a papal legate of Pope Boniface VIII to Philip IV the Fair.
The Lycée Henri-IV school is nearby.
- Roland, Gérard (2003). Stations de métro. D’Abbesses à Wagram. Éditions Bonneton.