Car Button Cloth
|Car Button Cloth|
|Studio album by The Lemonheads|
|Released||October 15, 1996|
|The Lemonheads chronology|
Car Button Cloth is the seventh studio album by the Lemonheads, the last of which that was under their contract with Atlantic Records. A decade later they released a long-awaited self-titled follow-up, while in the meantime the group's frontman and sole remaining original member, Evan Dando, issued his first official solo album, 2003's Baby I'm Bored (a live album and EP were released in Australia two years earlier).
Despite receiving lukewarm reviews and not being as commercially successful as the Lemonheads' previous two albums, It's a Shame About Ray and Come On Feel the Lemonheads, Car Button Cloth has gained a minor cult following in recent years. The tracks "It's All True," "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You" (cowritten by Eugene Kelly of the Vaselines), and "The Outdoor Type" were released as singles in the UK. "Purple Parallelogram," a song written by Dando and Oasis's Noel Gallagher, was originally included on promotional copies of Car Button Cloth between "Something's Missing" and "Knoxville Girl," but was reportedly removed at Gallagher's request.
All songs by Evan Dando unless otherwise stated.
- "It's All True" – 2:15
- "If I Could Talk I'd Tell You" (Dando/Eugene Kelly) – 2:50
- "Break Me" – 3:34
- "Hospital" – 2:54
- "The Outdoor Type" (Tom Morgan) – 2:35
- "Losing Your Mind" – 5:36
- "Something's Missing" – 2:47
- "Knoxville Girl" (trad., arr. by Dando) – 3:53
- "6ix" (written as a reaction to the movie Se7en) – 2:39
- "C'mon Daddy" (Dando/Epic Soundtracks) – 3:32
- "One More Time" – 2:39
- "Tenderfoot" (Morgan) – 2:01
- "Secular Rockulidge" – 5:33
- Evan Dando – Bass, Guitar, Percussion, Piano, Drums on Track 12, Vocals, Moog Synthesizer, Design, Illustrations
- Darrin Ehardt – Design
- Bill Gibson – Bass, Guitar, Background Vocals
- Rich Gilbert – Pedal Steel
- Bryce Goggin – Organ, Vocals, Moog Synthesizer, Producer, Engineer, Mixing
- Scott Hull – Mastering
- Sue Kapa – Assistant Engineer, Photography
- Royston Langdon – Bass, Piano
- Erich Drew Luening – Whistle
- Kenny Lyon – Guitar, Clapping
- Paul Marconi – Mixing Assistant
- Patrick Murphy - Drums except Track 12
- Dina Waxman – Bass
- "Car Button Cloth - The Lemonheads". AllMusic.
- Hoskyns, Barney (October 30, 1996). "The Lemonheads : Car Button Cloth : Music : Rolling Stone". Rolling Stone. Archived from the original on 2009-06-30.