Camp Half-Blood chronicles
|Camp Half-Blood Chronicles|
Percy Jackson Series:
Heroes of Olympus Series:
Trails of Apollo Series:
Magnus Chase Series:
|Films and television|
Camp Half-Blood Chronicles is a media franchise created by author Rick Riordan, encompassing three five-part novel series, three short-story collections, three crossover short stories, two myth anthology books, a stand-alone short story, an essay collection, a guide, four graphic novels, two films, a video game, a musical, and other media. It is known to take place in the same fictional universe as two of Riordan's other series, The Kane Chronicles and Magnus Chase and the Gods of Asgard.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians
Percy Jackson & the Olympians is a pentalogy of adventure and fiction books written by Rick Riordan. Set in the United States, the books are predominantly based on Greek mythology and deal with a demigod, Percy Jackson, and his quest to stop the rise of the Titan lord Kronos. All five books are seen from Percy's witty and sardonic point of view. The series tackles themes like coming of age, love and teenage angst.
As of August 14, 2015, the series has been on the New York Times best seller list for children's book series for 369 weeks.
The Lightning Thief
The Lightning Thief is the first book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. It features Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, and Grover Underwood during their travels to the Underworld to try to recover Zeus' stolen master bolt. It was released on July 1, 2005.
The Sea of Monsters
The Sea of Monsters is the second book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. In this book, Percy, Annabeth, and Tyson, Percy's cyclops brother, need to go to the Bermuda Triangle, also known as the Sea of Monsters, in order to find the Golden Fleece to save their camp and to rescue their satyr friend Grover from the cyclops Polyphemus. It was released April 1, 2006.
The Titan's Curse
The Titan's Curse is the third book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The book features Percy, Grover, Thalia Grace, Zoë Nightshade, and Bianca di Angelo traveling to San Francisco in order to rescue the goddess Artemis and Annabeth. It was released on May 11, 2007.
The Battle of the Labyrinth
The Battle of the Labyrinth is the penultimate book in the series. In the book, Percy, Annabeth, Grover, Tyson, Nico di Angelo, and Rachel Elizabeth Dare need to find Daedalus in the Labyrinth so he can help them keep their camp safe against the Titan army. The book was released on May 6, 2008.
The Last Olympian
The Last Olympian is the final book in the Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. In this book, all the demigods need to help defend Manhattan, especially Mount Olympus/The Empire State Building against Kronos and his army while the gods fight Typhon. The book was released on May 5, 2009.
The Heroes of Olympus
The Heroes of Olympus is a five-part series of books written by American author Rick Riordan which ended with The Blood of Olympus in October 2014. It chronicles the events of seven demigods and their obstacles involving the waking of the earth goddess, Gaea, and their efforts to stop her. It picks up a few months after the end of Percy Jackson & the Olympians series. Themes include love and teenage angst, as well as dealing with homosexuality.
Riordan based some of his series on The Golden Fleece and The Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles by Padraic Colum.
The Lost Hero
The Lost Hero is the first book in The Heroes of Olympus series. It features three new heroes, Jason Grace a Roman demigod, Piper McLean, and Leo Valdez travelling to California in order to rescue Hera from being consumed by the giants and to defeat the king of giants, Porphyrion. It was released on October 12, 2010.
The Son of Neptune
The Son of Neptune is the second book in The Heroes of Olympus series. The book features Percy Jackson, Hazel Levesque, and Frank Zhang traveling to Alaska to free Thanatos, the god of death, from the giant Alcyoneus. It was released on October 4, 2011.
The Mark of Athena
The Mark of Athena is the third book in The Heroes of Olympus series. The book features Percy Jackson, Annabeth Chase, Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Hazel Levesque, and Frank Zhang traveling to Greece to prevent Gaea's awakening while simultaneously also trying to uncover the gigantic long-lost statue of Athena, the Athena Parthenos, in Rome. It was released on October 2, 2012.
The House of Hades
The House of Hades is the penultimate book in The Heroes of Olympus series. It features Jason Grace, Piper McLean, Leo Valdez, Hazel Levesque, Frank Zhang, and Nico di Angelo as they continue to set sail towards Greece with the rescue of Percy Jackson and Annabeth Chase, both of whom have fallen to Tartarus in the previous book's epilogue, in mind; the latter couple in turn also try to find their own way out of the hellish realm. The book was released on October 8, 2013.
The Blood of Olympus
The Blood of Olympus is the final book in The Heroes of Olympus series. It features two parallel stories: the first has the seven demigods finally reaching Greece and working to defeat the giants at the Acropolis of Athens, while the second has Reyna Ramírez-Arellano, Nico di Angelo, and Coach Gleeson Hedge delivering the Athena Parthenos back to Camp Half-Blood with the clash of the Greek and Roman camps in the horizon. The book was released on October 7, 2014.
The Trials of Apollo
The Trials of Apollo is a five-part series of books written by Rick Riordan. It chronicles the life of Apollo after his being made mortal by Zeus as a punishment for his actions during the Second Gigantomachy. The first book The Hidden Oracle, was published on May 3, 2016. It also features most of the characters from The Heroes of Olympus and Percy Jackson and the Olympians series.
The Hidden Oracle
The Hidden Oracle is the first book in The Trials of Apollo series. It features Apollo as a 16 year old mortal named Lester Papadopoulos in New York City, searching for Camp Half-Blood, after being kicked out of Olympus and landing in a dumpster, as a punishment by Zeus for angering him. He must fight Emperor Nero of Triumvirate Holdings and save the Oracle of Dodona with the help of another demigod named Meg McCaffrey who is also the step-daughter of Emperor Nero. It also sees the return of Leo Valdez who was presumed to be dead and was resurrected in the last book of Heroes of Olympus, Blood of Olympus.
The Dark Prophecy
Short story collections
The Demigod Files
The Demigod Files is a collection published by Hyperion on February 10, 2009, written entirely by Riordan. It is a companion book to the first series, Percy Jackson & the Olympians, and its main contents are four short stories: "Percy Jackson and the Stolen Chariot", "Percy Jackson and the Bronze Dragon", and "Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades", and the first chapter of The Last Olympian (the fifth novel, published a few months later). Additional contents include interviews with some of the campers, a drawing of Annabeth's open camp trunk and a "Map of Camp Half-Blood" by Steve James, glossy color illustrations of eight characters by Antonio Caparo, and various crossword puzzles and other activities. The narrative setting is between the fourth and fifth novels.
The Demigod Diaries
The Demigod Diaries is a collection published by Hyperion on August 14, 2012, written by Rick and his son Haley Riordan. It is a companion to the second series, The Heroes of Olympus, nearly identical in structure to The Demigod Files. The main contents are four stories: "The Diary of Luke Castellan", "Percy Jackson and the Staff of Hermes", "Leo Valdez and the Quest for Buford" and, by Haley Riordan, "Son of Magic". It contains puzzles, games, black-and-white drawings by Steve James, and glossy color illustrations of characters by Antonio Caparo.
Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo
"Percy Jackson and the Singer of Apollo" is a short story appearing in the Guys Read anthology Other Worlds. It features Percy Jackson and Grover Underwood in New York City trying to recover the gold Singer of Apollo.
Camp Half-Blood/Kane Chronicles crossovers (Demigods and Magicians)
The Camp Half-Blood/Kane Chronicles crossovers are a series of short stories that feature two characters each, one from Percy Jackson and the Olympians and one from The Kane Chronicles. They were published in a collection titled Demigods and Magicians on April 5, 2016.
The Son of Sobek
"The Son of Sobek" is a 2013 crossover novel between the Percy Jackson and the Kane Chronicles series. It features Percy Jackson and Carter Kane fighting a giant crocodile in Long Island. It was originally published in the paperback edition of The Serpent's Shadow and was later published as an e-short.
The Staff of Serapis
"The Staff of Serapis" is a continuation of the "The Son of Sobek" published in 2014. It features Annabeth Chase and Sadie Kane battling the god Serapis in Rockaway Beach in Queens. It was originally published in the paperback edition of The Mark of Athena and was later published as an e-short.
The Crown of Ptolemy
"The Crown of Ptolemy", published in 2015, features all four characters that were in the first two stories. They need to stop the evil magician Setne from collecting the Upper and Lower Crowns of Egypt and becoming a god. The short was originally published in the paperback edition of The House of Hades along with the short story "Percy Jackson and the Sword of Hades". It was later published as an e-short.
Demigods of Olympus
Demigods of Olympus is an interactive e-series in which the reader is the main character. The first three stories were published in Rick Riordan's application, Demigods of Olympus and the fourth was original to a collection of all four on July 14, 2015.
- "My Two Headed Guidance Counselor"
- "The Library of Deadly Weapons"
- "My Demon Satyr Tea Party"
- "My Personal Zombie Apocalypse"
Percy Jackson's Greek Gods
Percy Jackson's Greek Heroes
Demigods and Monsters
Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series is a collection of essays "edited by Rick Riordan with Leah Wilson" and published by Borders Group in 2008; an expanded edition was published by BenBella Books in 2013. The second edition front cover promotes both an "original introduction by Rick Riordan" and "New Essays: Updated through The Last Olympian". Leah Wilson is editor-in-chief of the Smart Pop series in which both the paperback first edition (2009) and the second edition were issued by BenBella.
The essays were written by people likely to be recognized by fans of the series.
The Ultimate Guide
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide is a guide to the world of Percy Jackson written by Mary-Jane Knight, who is not credited on the front cover. It features illustrations of characters in the series by Antonio Caparo (as trading cards in pockets) and chapters about Percy Jackson, Camp Half-Blood, and places, gods, monsters, and items from mythology. It was released by Hyperion on January 18, 2010 (156 pp; 1-4231-2171-6) and termed Book 8 in the Percy Jackson series by Amazon or the publisher. The British edition was published by Puffin Books in March as Percy Jackson: The Ultimate Guide.
The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel
The Lightning Thief Graphic Novel is an adaptation of The Lightning Thief into a graphic novel. It was adapted by Robert Venditti, illustrated by Attila Futaki, and colored by José Villarrubia, and was published on October 12, 2010.
The Sea of Monsters Graphic Novel
The Sea of Monsters Graphic Novel is the graphic novel version of The Sea of Monsters. It was adapted by Robert Venditti, illustrated by Attila Futaki, and colored by Tamás Gáspár, and was published on July 2, 2013.
The Titan's Curse Graphic Novel
The Titan's Curse Graphic Novel is the graphic novel of The Titan's Curse. It was adapted by Robert Venditti, illustrated by Attila Futaki, and colored by Greg Guilhaumond, and was published on October 8, 2013.
The Lost Hero Graphic Novel
The Lost Hero Graphic Novel is the adaptation of the The Lost Hero into a graphic novel. It was adapted by Robert Venditti, illustrated by Nate Powell, and colored by Orpheus Collar, and was published on October 7, 2014.
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief (also known as Percy Jackson & The Lightning Thief) is a 2010 fantasy film directed by Chris Columbus. The film is loosely based on The Lightning Thief, the first novel in the Percy Jackson & the Olympians series by Rick Riordan. It stars Logan Lerman as Percy Jackson alongside an ensemble cast that includes Brandon T. Jackson, Alexandra Daddario, Jake Abel, Rosario Dawson, Steve Coogan, Uma Thurman, Catherine Keener, Kevin McKidd, Sean Bean and Pierce Brosnan. It was released to theaters on February 12, 2010.
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters
Percy Jackson: Sea of Monsters (also known as Percy Jackson & The Sea of Monsters) is a 2013 fantasy film and the sequel to the 2010 film Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief. It continues the adventures of Percy Jackson (Logan Lerman) and his friends, as they look for the golden fleece, in order to save Camp Half-Blood's magical borders from monsters. The film is based on the book The Sea of Monsters, and was released on August 7, 2013.
Musical theater adaptations
The Lightning Thief
The Lightning Thief is a one-hour-long 2015 Off-Broadway musical adaptation of the first Percy Jackson novel by Theatreworks USA. The stageplay was written by Joe Tracz, with lyrics and music by Rob Rokicki, and the performance was directed by Stephen Brackett.
Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief
The Percy Jackson video game was created by Activision for the Nintendo DS and was released February 9, 2010. The game was based mostly on the movie and featured players that were neither in the book nor the movie.
- Release dates January 1, 2008 (first ed.; xii+190 pp.; ISBN 0-9792331-4-3); February 10, 2009 (first, paperback in Smart Pop series; x+196 pp.; ISBN 1-933771-836); July 2, 2013 (second, expanded, in Smart Pop series; x+242 pp.; ISBN 1-937856-36-4).
A banner across the tops of the front covers of the first edition reads "Completely Unauthorized" – perhaps alluding to the publisher of Percy Jackson novels (Disney) rather than the writer (Riordan).
- "PRESS RELEASE: Disney Book Group Launches Rick Riordan's New Five-Book Series, The Heroes of Olympus, on October 12 with a Live Webcast from the Laydown Event for Book 1, The Lost Hero". Fox Business. 13 September 2010. Retrieved 26 January 2011.
- "New York Times Best Sellers List - Children's Series". New York Times. New York Times. August 14, 2015. Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Riordan, Rick (20 June 2010). "The Lost Hero cover unveiled!". Myth & Mystery. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- A. Sellers, John (13 September 2010). "Disney Announces Print Run, Plans for 'Percy Jackson' Spinoff". 'Publishers Weekly'. Retrieved 11 January 2011.
- Colum, Padraic (2010) . The Golden Fleece and the Heroes Who Lived Before Achilles. Illustrated by Willy Pogany; Introduction by Rick Riordan. Random House. p. 368. ISBN 978-0-375-86709-5.
- "Rick Riordan announces 'Trials of Apollo' series set in Percy Jackson's world". Hypable. Retrieved 2015-10-09.
- "The Trials of Apollo – Rick Riordan". rickriordan.com. Retrieved 2016-05-05.
- The Demigod Files on the author's website Archived April 22, 2010, at the Wayback Machine.
- "The Demigod Files (Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series)". barnesandnoble.com. Retrieved 2009-10-18.
- The Demigod Diaries on Amazon
- Scieszka, Jon; Riordan, Rick; Angleberger, Tom; MacHale, D. J.; Stead, Rebecca; Bradbury, Ray; Tan, Shaun; Shusterman, Neal; Hale, Shannon (2013-09-17). Guys Read: Other Worlds (Gift ed.). Walden Pond Press. ISBN 9780061963797.
- Riordan, Rick (2014-08-19). Percy Jackson's Greek Gods. Disney Hyperion.
- "About". Smart Pop Books (smartpopbooks.com). Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide (Percy Jackson & the Olympians)". Amazon.com. Retrieved 2016-01-20.
- "Bibliography: Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Ultimate Guide". ISFDB.org. Retrieved 2016-01-20. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
- "Rick Riordan". Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Riordan, Rick (2010-10-12). Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel. Disney Hyperion.
- Riordan, Rick; Venditti, Robert (2013-07-02). The Sea of Monsters (Reprint ed.). New York: Disney-Hyperion. ISBN 9781423145509.
- Riordan, Rick; Venditti, Robert (2013-10-08). The Titan's Curse (Reprint ed.). New York: Disney-Hyperion. ISBN 9781423145516.
- Riordan, Rick; Venditti, Robert (2014-10-07). Heroes of Olympus, Book One The Lost Hero: The Graphic Novel (Gift ed.). Disney-Hyperion. ISBN 9781423163251.
- "Contact Information and FAQ:Rick Riordan". Retrieved 2010-01-22.
- Percy Jackson & the Olympians: The Lightning Thief at Box Office Mojo
- "What Does The 'Percy Jackson' Opening Weekend Mean For Logan Lerman's 'Spider-Man' Chances?". Marshall, Rick. MTV. February 16, 2010.
- "Welcome to Theatreworks USA!". www.theatreworksusa.org. Retrieved 2016-01-09.
- "Amazon". Retrieved August 14, 2015.
- Riordan, Rick, ed. (2013-07-02). Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series (Revised ed.). Smart Pop. ISBN 9781937856366.
- "Bibliography: Demigods and Monsters: Your Favorite Authors on Rick Riordan's Percy Jackson and the Olympians Series". The Internet Speculative Fiction Database (ISFDB.org). Retrieved 2016-01-20. Select a particular edition (title) for more data at that level, such as a front cover image or linked contents.
- Percy Jackson and the Olympians and The Heroes of Olympus series sites from publisher Disney (readriordan.com)
- Rick Riordan Myth Master at publisher Penguin Books (rickriordan.co.UK)
- Rick Riordan at the Internet Speculative Fiction Database – Percy Jackson universe and more