Cachito de cielo
|Cachito de cielo|
|Created by||Mario Schajris|
|Theme music composer||Pedro Fernández|
|Opening theme||"Cachito de Cielo" performed by Pedro Fernández|
|Country of origin||Mexico|
|No. of episodes||110|
Roberto Gómez Fernández
|Running time||41-44 minutes|
|Original network||Canal de las Estrellas|
|Original release||June 11 – November 9, 2012|
|Preceded by||Amorcito corazón|
|Followed by||La mujer del Vendaval|
On June 11, 2012, Canal de las Estrellas started broadcasting Cachito del cielo weekdays at 6:15pm, replacing Amorcito Corazón.
Due to the controversy surrounding the show regarding religion, and low ratings in Mexico, Cachito de Cielo concluded on November 9, 2012, with La mujer del Vendaval replacing it on November 12.
The starting point of the story has Cachito hit by lightning during a soccer game. He was not scheduled to die, but an error of the angels (who misread Gomez for Gomes) results in Cachito's spirit being harvested prematurely. These angels are demonic and ornery and concerned that their error be found out. So they send Cachito back to earth in a priest's body, forbidding him to tell anyone the truth. Yet Cachito wants to get his girl friend back, Renata, and tell her who he is. The angels have many tricks to try to stop Cachito from spilling the beans. And the angels make cameo appearances on earth as various types of persons (like a pair of electricians.) This comedy plot line is abruptly discontinued at capitulo 49.
There are a number of plot lines, the first two being the main story lines:
1) Cachito's romance with Renata starts is the primary them. The comedy with the ornery Angels is part of this. Fabio's wooing of Renata, and Mara's consequent jealousy and jealous deeds are a subplot to that.
2) The adultery Between Pupi & Adela can be considered the main theme of part 2. This side of the story is basically not comedy. It is thus far tragic for Adela's husband, Renaldo. Matias' soccer career is a subpart of this plot line. Tete's friendship with Adela is a subplot to this & has an element of ironic comedy in it. The love interest between Matias & Renata goes under this as a subplot.
3) Tristan & his women (comedy) involves a triangle between two sisters who both have a crush on Tristan. Eventually a con-comedy theme is brought in with conflict between Tristan and a woman who is probably his ex-wife.
4) There is a secondary romance of Cachito's sister in a triangle between her, the jerk soccer player, and Isabel's male employee (not comedy).
5) Matias is pursued by a teenage girl (daughter of soccer team owner) who has a crush on him (comedy).
6) Cachito's new proposed singing career (involving Tristan & Lucas) -- perhaps an excuse to hear the actor sing. This theme includes comedy.
7) There is an attempt by forces of evil to take away Isabel's restaurant from her (as by foreclosure).
8) Las chismosas is kind of a comic thread stuck in, with two women who occupy themselves with gossip and butting into other persons' business.
The first part of the story focuses on Cachito's comedy pursuit of Renata, with whom he has a clean relationship. The second part further develops the theme of fornication and adultery (thought the presentation is not sexually explicit). Those who commit fornication and adultery receive a horrible retribution.
Part 1 Comedy Episodes 1-48
The Plot has two major movements: 1) A through-going comedy wherein Cachito enteracts with three angels, and 2) a violent, tragic drama. In the first movement, Two of the angels are executive angels (Ezekiel and Ariel) running the Heavenly Waiting Room, which is like a celestial airport waiting room for persons bound for Heaven. Cachito's spirit was taken from his body by error; thus he was to be allowed to return to earth. However, the two angels act like demons in being interested in their error never being discovered, as if God were not omniscient. Quite selfishly these two angels return Cachito as a priest, but a priest in his own parish. Cachito is forbidden to reveal that he is Cachito on pain of being removed from earth. However, Cachito still wants his girlfriend and mother; Cachito wants them to know that he is Cachito. The angels thus struggle with Cachito to keep him from revealing who he is. Part of their strategy is to send a third angel with him as his guardian angel. Back and forth from the Heavenly Waiting room to earth goes Cachito in conflict and argument with Ezekiel and Ariel. From time to time these two meddling angels go to earth and play cameo roles there.
Renata Landeros de Franco (Maite Perroni) is a young journalist who is in love with Adrian Gomes "Cachito" (Mane de la Parra). Both of them are happy until Cachito seems to die in a soccer match by getting hit by lightning. The problem is that Cachito was not scheduled to die. Thus the angels need to send Cachito back to earth to live his earthly life; yet the body of Cachito is no longer usable. Thus Cachito is reincarnated in an available body, that of a priest, Salvador Santillán "Padre Chava" (Pedro Fernández). Thus Cachito resumes his reincarnaqted life as a new priest of the parish in which his family lived. Cachito-Salvador must pursue Renata, since he is in love with her, though he has been forbidden by the angels to do so. Thus a conflict ensues between Cachito-Salvador and the meddling angels.
Part of the comedy is in the names of the persons, silly names like Pupi, Tete, and Pachi. Pupi is the father of Renata and an arch villain
Part 2 Tragic Drama Episodes 49-110
Suddenly near the middle of the story, higher up heavenly executives discover the gross sins of Ariel and Ezekiel, who are sent to Hell for their crimes. Cachito is permitted to stop being a priest. So Cachito resigns as priest and starts living the life of a laymen. At this point the comedy abruptly ends, and the story becomes much like an ordinary telenovela. The story becomes violent and tragic.
After this point, the sub-plot centering on Pupi and his associates becomes the main story. Pupi and associates are in a corrupt business concerning fútbol (soccer) and reporting on that sport. Pupi's adultery with Pachi seems to eclipse the Cachito story. Pachi is severely and chronically punished for her adultery with Pupi. Another sub-plot is also much developed about Tristan (the church sacristan) and his women.
|Pedro Fernández||Padre Salvador Santillán / Adrián Gómez Obregón "Cachito"|
|Maite Perroni||Renata Landeros De Franco|
|Cynthia Klitbo||Adela Silva de Salazar "Pachi"|
|Jorge Poza||Fabio Montenegro|
|Azela Robinson||Teresa De Franco de Landeros "Teté"|
|Cecilia Gabriela||Isabel Obregón Vda. de Gómez|
|Juan Carlos Barreto||Tristán Luna|
|Raquel Pankoswky||Coca Obregon|
|Adalberto Parra||Reynaldo Salazar|
|Juan Carlos Colombo||Ezequiel|
|Otto Sirgo||Gustavo Mendiola|
|Esmeralda Pimentel||Mara Magaña|
|Pablo Lyle||Matías Salazar Silva / Matías Landeros Silva|
|Sofía Castro||Sofía Salvatierra|
|Anahí Allué||María del Pilar "Pili"|
|José Ángel Bichir||Guillermo "Memo"|
|Alfredo Gatica||Darío Fernández|
|Elizabeth Valdez||Diana Gomes Obregon|
|Claudio Rocca||Alfonso "Poncho" Núñez|
|Adriana Goss||Gabriela "Gaby"|
|Rafael Inclán||Ernesto Landeros "Pupi"|
|Mané de la Parra||Adrián Gómez Obregón "Cachito"|
|Jessica Mas||Sonia Serrano|
|Jana Raluy||La Beauty|
Awards and nominations
|2013||31st TVyNovelas Awards||Best Young Lead Actress||Esmeralda Pimentel||Nominated|
|Best Young Lead Actor||Pablo Lyle||Nominated|
|Best Female Revelation||Sofía Castro||Nominated|
|Los Favoritos del público||Favorite Telenovela||Cachito de Cielo||Nominated|
|Favorite couple||Maite Perroni and Pedro Fernández||Nominated|
|The Most Beautiful Women||Maite Perroni||Nominated|
|Favorite Kiss||Maite Perroni and Pedro Fernández||Nominated|
|Favorite Finale||Cachito de Cielo||Nominated|
- "'Cachito de Cielo' deja de lado comedia y se vuelve un drama". entretenimiento.com. Retrieved October 17, 2012.
- "Sent from heaven". televisainternacional. Retrieved November 16, 2015.
- Schjaris, Mario (February 20, 2012). "Pronto llega Cachito de cielo". todotnv.com (in Spanish). Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Esmeralda Pimentel villana de "Cachito de cielo"". televisainternacional. Retrieved April 24, 2012.
- "'Cachito de cielo' inicia grabaciones". televisa.com. Retrieved April 10, 2012.
- "Así lucirá Pedro Fernández en 'Cachito de Cielo'". tvnotas.com. Retrieved May 12, 2012.
- "Confirmado: 'Cachito de cielo' saldrá del aire por faltas de respeto a la religión". tvnotas.com. Retrieved October 12, 2012.
- "La telenovela "Cachito de Cielo" ofende a la religión". entretenimiento.com. Retrieved October 13, 2012.
- "Rafael Inclán está molesto con el público de Cachito de Cielo". sdpnoticias.com. Retrieved September 19, 2012.
- "Graban protagonistas de "La mujer del vendaval" escenas candentes". radioformula.com. Retrieved August 16, 2012.
- "12 de noviembre, estreno de "La mujer del vendaval"". entretenimiento.com. Retrieved July 16, 2012.
- "Maite y Pedro te llevan a su Cachito de Cielo". univision.com. Retrieved July 21, 2013.
- "Lista de ganadores de los Premios TVyNovelas 2013 en México". entretenimiento.com. Retrieved April 28, 2013.
- "Los Favoritos del Público Premios TVyNovelas 2013". masquetelenovelas.blogspot. Retrieved April 28, 2013.