Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S.
|Parent company||Hachette Filipacchi Médias|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||New York, New York|
|Publication types||Magazines and books|
Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S., Inc. (HFM U.S.), originally known as CBS Publications, was a subsidiary of Hachette Filipacchi Médias (one of the world's largest magazine publishers), and was based in New York City.
It was formed in 1972 as CBS Publications. CBS expanded its magazine group by acquiring Fawcett Publications in 1977, and the majority of the Ziff Davis magazines in 1984. CBS Publications in 1982 sold Fawcett Publications to Ballantine Books while Popular Library was sold to Warner Communications.
Hearst Magazines acquired Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S. magazines along with most of Hachette Filipacchi's international magazines in May 2011.
List of publications
- Car and Driver
- Cycle World
- Elle Decor
- Elle Girl (print edition closed in July 2006)
- Premiere.com (print edition closed in April 2007)
- Road & Track
- Woman's Day
- Hachette Filipacchi Custom Publishing, integrated marketing, database, market research
- Hachette Enterprises
- Filipacchi Books
- Geraldine Fabrikant (July 14, 1987). "CBS Inc. to Sell Magazine Unit to its Executives". The New York Times. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Copyrights of Golden-Age Comics". Golden-Age Comic book Superheroes & Villains Encyclopedia. Retrieved 20 September 2011.
- "CBS + Ziff = huge". Folio. February 1985. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- Geraldine Fabrikant (April 14, 1988). "Hachette to Buy Magazine Publisher". The New York Times. Retrieved December 16, 2011.
- "Bonnier Corp. Acquires Five Magazine Brands from Hachette Filipacchi Media U.S." (Press release). Vocus. June 3, 2009. Retrieved 2011-12-16.
- Chris O'Shea, Chris O'Shea (May 31, 2011). "Hearst Corporation Completes Hachette Filipacchi Media Acquisition". mediabistro.com. Retrieved 27 September 2011.
- "Hearst makes play for Hachette Filipacchi". Crain's New York Business. January 31, 2011. Retrieved 27 September 2011.