Cái Răng District
|Cái Răng District|
Quận Cái Răng
|• Total||24 sq mi (63 km2)|
|• Density||3,400/sq mi (1,313/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC + 7 (UTC+7)|
Cái Răng is an urban district of Cần Thơ in the Mekong Delta region of Vietnam. As of 2003 the district had a population of 77,292. This increased to 82,152 in 2007. The district covers an area of 63 km². Cái Răng District was established by Decree No. 05/2004/ND-CP on January 2, 2004. The district borders Vĩnh Long to the east, and also Tay Phong Điền District, Hậu Giang Province, and Bac Ninh Kieu District.
Cái Răng District is divided into wards (Phường):
- Lê Bình: 246,37 ha, 13,968 people
- Thường Thạnh: 1.035,81 ha, 10,431 people
- Phú Thứ: 2.013,29 ha, 12,781 people
- Tân Phú: 806,66 ha, 6,386 people
- Ba Láng: 531,52 ha, 6,339 people
- Hưng Phú
- Hưng Thạnh
- "Districts of Vietnam". Statoids. Retrieved March 13, 2009.