The conservative family owned paper was founded in 1903 with the merging of the Butler County Observer (originally the Evans City Times) and the original Butler Eagle. The newspaper has been owned by the Wise family since its inception. The art deco office building was constructed in 1924, and is still used by the Eagle. In 2003, printing operations were moved to a new facility in the Island neighborhood of Butler.
- Butler Eagle: About Us Retrieved on February 10, 2011