Bruce Ellis Benson
Benson was born in Evanston, Illinois. He received an undergraduate degree in 1983 from Wheaton College (Illinois), a licentiate in philosophy (Ph.L) in 1987 from Katholieke Universiteit Leuven. He received his doctorate, also from Leuven, in 1993 under Rudolf Bernet.
- The New Phenomenology: A Philosophical Introduction (with J. Aaron Simmons). London: Bloomsbury, 2013.
- Liturgy as a Way of Life: Embodying the Arts in Christian Worship. Grand Rapids: Baker Academic, 2013.
- Pious Nietzsche: Decadence and Dionysian Faith. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2008.
- The Improvisation of Musical Dialogue: A Phenomenology of Music. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2003.
- Graven Ideologies: Nietzsche, Derrida, and Marion on Modern Idolatry. Downers Grove, IL: IVP, 2002.
- Benson, Bruce Ellis, Malinda Elizabeth Berry, and Peter Goodwin Heltzel. eds, Prophetic Evangelicals: Envisioning a Just and Peaceable Kingdom. Grand Rapids: Eerdmans, 2012. .
- Benson, Bruce Ellis and Norman Wirzba, eds. Words of Life: New Theological Turns in French Phenomenology. New York: Fordham University Press, 2010.
- Benson, Bruce Ellis and Peter Heltzel, eds. Evangelicals and Empire: Christian Alternatives to the Political Status Quo. Grand Rapids: Brazos, 2008.
- Wirzba, Norman and Bruce Ellis Benson, eds. Transforming Philosophy and Religion: Love’s Wisdom. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2008.
- Vanhoozer, Kevin J., James K.A. Smith, and Bruce Ellis Benson, eds. Hermeneutics at the Crossroads. Bloomington: Indiana University Press, 2006.
- Benson, Bruce Ellis and Norman Wirzba, eds. The Phenomenology of Prayer. New York: Fordham University Press, 2005.
- Wheaton Faculty Bio
- Bruce Ellis Benson website
- SCPT Online - Bio
- Baker Academic - Liturgy as a Way of Life
- Christian Anxiety on Word Press
- Review of Pious Nietzsche in "Books and Culture"