Brooklandwood, December 2009
|Location||11152 Falls Road (MD 25), Brooklandville, Maryland|
|Coordinates||39°25′50″N 76°40′36″W / 39.43056°N 76.67667°WCoordinates: 39°25′50″N 76°40′36″W / 39.43056°N 76.67667°W|
|Area||62 acres (25 ha)|
|Architectural style||Early Republic, Palladian|
|NRHP Reference #||72000567|
|Added to NRHP||February 11, 1972|
The house is a 2 1⁄2-story, five-bay dwelling. The central block and two later wings are brick, painted white. The central-block section is original and built about 1790, with porches and Palladian-style windows forming a symmetrical, functional unit. It was owned by Charles Carroll of Carrollton, and several of his descendants: Carroll's daughter and son-in-law Mary and Richard Caton, parents of Emily Caton, who married John MacTavish, the British Consul to Baltimore in the early 1800s. It was also owned by Isaac E. Emerson, the inventor of Bromo-Seltzer.
It was listed on the National Register of Historic Places on February 11, 1972.
- Brooklandwood Marker, December 2009
- National Park Service (2009-03-13). "National Register Information System". National Register of Historic Places. National Park Service.
- Robert Erskine Lewis: "Brooklandwood, Baltimore County" in: Maryland Historical Magazine, Vol. XLIII, No. 4, December, 1948, pp. 280-293,
- Mrs. Preston Parish (September 1971). "National Register of Historic Places Registration: Brooklandwood" (PDF). Maryland Historical Trust. Retrieved 2016-03-01.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to National Register of Historic Places.|
- Brooklandwood, Baltimore County, including photo from 2006, at Maryland Historical Trust