GMA Broadway Centrum (1987–2012) |
TV5 Broadway Centrum
|Location||New Manila, Quezon City|
|Address||Aurora Boulevard cor. Broadway Avenue, Quezon City|
|Coordinates||14°36′43″N 121°01′56″E / 14.611813°N 121.032245°E|
|Current tenants||Eat Bulaga! (1995–present)|
GMA Network Inc. (1987–2012) |
Megaworld Corporation (2012–present)
Broadway Centrum is a television studio complex located in the New Manila district of Quezon City at Aurora Boulevard cor. Broadway (formerly Dona Juana Rodriguez) Avenue, Quezon City. It is currently owned by the Empire East Land Holdings, a subsidiary of Megaworld Corporation. It was previously owned by GMA Network Inc.
Since its opening, numerous television series have been broadcast live or taped at the facility, including many shows not broadcast on GMA. The complex houses two main studios - the Eastside and the Westside Theaters. The Eastside Theater, which can accommodate 400 audiences, serves as the main production facility for Eat Bulaga! and The Ryzza Mae Show. The Westside Theatre, with a 300-seat capacity, is being used by various GMA and TV5 programs, such as Face to Face, Talentadong Pinoy & Move It.
The complex was inaugurated to usher GMA Network's broadcast in stereovision. In 1987, it served as the live studio of GMA Network's variety shows Lunch Date, That's Entertainment, Vilma! and GMA Supershow. In 1995, GMA Network Inc. constructed the second studio within the Broadway Centrum by renovating the Eastside Theater & renamed as "TAPE Studio, GMA Broadway Studio" that can accommodate 400 studio audiences for its noontime show Eat Bulaga!.
In 2010, Eat Bulaga temporarily used the Westside Studios while the TAPE Studios was being renovated at that time. Diz Iz It was the last GMA show that used the Westside Studios of Broadway Centrum in 2010. In the same year, the Westside Studios of Broadway Centrum did not have its tenants anymore for GMA Network because some of the network's shows migrated to their very own GMA Network Studios, while TV5 leased and revived the Westside Studios with a new and bigger format. The site is owned by GMA Network and also shared with TV5.
Both studios of the Broadway Centrum are active, the Westside being leased by TV5 and is now used for TV shows of the TV5 Entertainment Group such as Face To Face, The Jose & Wally Show, P.O.5., Star Factor, Hey It's Saberday and Artista Academy and others, while the Eastside Studio is used by the longest-running variety show Eat Bulaga and daily morning talk show "The Ryzza Mae Show".
Last 2012, the Empire East Land Holdings, a subsidiary of Megaworld Corporation bought the Broadway Centrum to develop a residential condominium, a lifestyle mall, and a studio for the noontime show Eat Bulaga!.
Last March 2014, TV5 ended its lease agreement at the Broadway Centrum, particularly at the Westside Studio as an alternate studio of the network as it will transfer to a larger TV5 Media Center in Reliance, Mandaluyong City.
As of 2016, Westside Studios is now currently inactive following the end of lease by TV5, while Eastside Studios is still active by Eat Bulaga of GMA 7 is still ongoing. Eat Bulaga! will soon move to the new APT Studios in Cainta, Rizal on the 3rd or 4th quarter of 2016 or maybe in 2017.
Shows produced at Broadway Centrum
Below is a partial list of programs that have taped episodes at the studios.
- Artista Academy (2012)
- Born to Be a Star (2016)
- Bubble Gang (1995–2000)
- D.A.T.S. (1997–1999)
- Digital LG Quiz (1999–2004)
- Diz Iz It! (2010)
- Eat Bulaga! (1995–present)
- Face to Face (2010-2013)
- GMA Supershow (1987–1997)
- GoBingo (1997-1999)
- HaPPinas Happy Hour (2016)
- Happy Truck, HaPPinas (2016)
- Hey it's Saberdey! (2011-2012)
- Jamming (1999–2000)
- Katok Mga Misis! (1995–1997)
- Killer Karaoke: Pinoy Naman (2013-2014)
- Lunch Date (1987–1993)
- Martin After Dark (1988-1993)
- Move It! (2015)
- Mixed N.U.T.S.: Numerong Unong Terrific Show (1994-1997)
- P.O.5 (2010-2011)
- Rising Stars Philippines (2015)
- Salo-Salo Together (SST) (1993–1995)
- SOP (1997–2000)
- Showbiz Central (2007–2012)
- Show & Tell (1994-1995)
- StarStruck (2003-2009)
- Star Factor (2010)
- Sunday Funday (2012)
- Talentadong Pinoy (2008-2013, 2014)
- That's Entertainment (1987–1996)
- The 700 Club Asia (1995-2000)
- The Jose and Wally Show Starring Vic Sotto (2011-2013)
- The Ryzza Mae Show (2013–2015)
- Tok! Tok! Tok! Isang Milyon Pasok! 2007-2009)
- S-Files (1998–2007)
- Vilma! (1987–1995)
- Walang Tulugan with the Master Showman (1997-2010)
- Who Wants to Be a Millionaire? (Philippine Edition) (2009-2015)
- Marlon Santeco. "Empire East Land Holdings, Inc. Megaworld Central Properties, Inc. - Promos & Updates". Empireeastrealproperties.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "Broadway Centrum - Quezon City". Wikimapia.org. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-03-06. Retrieved 2014-07-25.
- "Megaworld unit Empire East to spend P25B to buy more land, fund projects | Money | GMA News Online". Gmanetwork.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- ABS-CBNnews.com (2016-01-25). "Empire East to develop Broadway Centrum property". ABS-CBN News. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- Angela, Krista (2014-06-10). "Empire East acquiring abandoned factory to build new township bigger than Eastwood City". Interaksyon.com. Retrieved 2016-01-30.
- "TV5 Media Center Groundbreaking Coverage". New Media Philippines. Retrieved 8 August 2012.
- "Kapatid network's new home". PhilStar.Com. Retrieved 21 December 2013.
- "Bagong Tahanan ng TV5 sa Mandaluyong, Silipin". News5 Everywhere. Archived from the original on 24 December 2013. Retrieved 21 December 2013.