|Date of birth||11 August 1989|
|Place of birth||Lezhë, Albania|
|Date of death||19 September 2009 20)(aged|
|Place of death||Cervia, Italy|
|Height||1.80 m (5 ft 11 in)|
|Playing position||Midfielder, Striker|
* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 19 September 2009.
Born in Lezhë, Brian Filipi made his first team debut with Ravenna in the 2008–09 season, being protagonist of the club's successful season which almost ended in promotion to Serie B from Lega Pro Prima Divisione, despite the Albanian's young age. Before his professional debut with Ravenna, Filipi had already played at youth international level with his native country of Albania, receiving his first call-up for the Under-19 team in 2007. He later became part of the Under-21 team as well.
On January 2009, following his impressive performances with Ravenna, he was optioned by Serie A club Palermo; however, in the 2009 summer transfer window Palermo decided not to acquire half of his registration rights, as already agreed with Ravenna, and Filipi stayed with the Emilia-Romagna club instead.
On 19 September 2009, at around 23:00 CET, Brian Filipi was hit by a car while he was walking in a street in Cervia together with teammate Stefano Scappini, who suffered a minor strike on his arm in the accident. The car was driven by a 52-year-old woman who also sustained minor injuries in the event. She later travelled further to hit a number of parked vehicles in the same street. Filipi was successfully rushed to hospital, but died soon after due to the severe injuries he had sustained in the accident.
Following the events, Ravenna handed a request to delay the game scheduled for the very next day to Foggia, which was immediately accepted by the League committee.
- "Cervia, Ravenna e nazionale albanese: ecco chi era Brian Filipi" (in Italian). Ravenna Calcio. 19 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Primavera: Brian Filipi chiamato nell'under 19 albanese" (in Italian). Ravenna Calcio. 4 October 2009. Archived from the original on 15 July 2011. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Ravenna, muore la giovane promessa Brian Filipi. Era stato seguito anche dal Palermo" (in Italian). TuttoMercatoWeb. 19 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.
- "Tragedia a Ravenna Investito l'attaccante Filipi". La Gazzetta dello Sport. 19 September 2009. Retrieved 2009-09-19.