Location in Belgium
|Coordinates: 50°38′N 05°09′E / 50.633°N 5.150°ECoordinates: 50°38′N 05°09′E / 50.633°N 5.150°E|
|• Mayor||Pol Guillaume (EC)|
|• Governing party/ies||EC, Ecolo|
|• Total||44.00 km2 (16.99 sq mi)|
|Population (1 January 2016)|
|• Density||140/km2 (370/sq mi)|
|Postal codes||4260, 4261, 4263|
Braives is a Walloon municipality located in the Belgian province of Liège. On January 1, 2006, Braives had a total population of 5,579. The total area is 44.00 km² which gives a population density of 127 inhabitants per km².
The municipality of Braives has eight villages and 3 hamlets: the villages of Ciplet, Avennes, Latinne, Tourinne, Fallais, Fumal, Ville-en-Hesbaye, and Braives; and the hamlets of Hosdent in Latinne, Pitet in Fallais, and Foncourt in Fumal.
Fallais is famous for its medieval castle and other tourist attractions including a water mill, a former wheelmakershop, the river Méhaigne and the Ravel cycling path.
- Braives, war memorial and church (église de la Nativité de Notre-Dame)
- Braives, churchtower: l'église Notre Dame
- Braives, view to a street: Avenue Guillaume Joachim
- Braives, view to a street
- Media related to Braives at Wikimedia Commons