|Comune di Boves|
Location of Boves in Italy
|Coordinates: 44°20′N 7°33′E / 44.333°N 7.550°E|
|Province / Metropolitan city||Cuneo (CN)|
|Frazioni||Castellar, Cerati, Fontanelle, Madonna dei Boschi, San Mauro, Rivoira, San Giacomo, Sant'Anna, Mellana|
|• Mayor||Mario Giuliano|
|• Total||51.1 km2 (19.7 sq mi)|
|Elevation||542 m (1,778 ft)|
|Population (31 December 2010) It is one of the major centers of the Occitan Valleys language region.|
|• Density||190/km2 (500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
Boves is a comune (municipality) in the Province of Cuneo in the Italian region Piedmont, located about 80 kilometres (50 mi) south of Turin and about 6 kilometres (4 mi) south of Cuneo. It borders the following municipalities: Borgo San Dalmazzo, Cuneo, Limone Piemonte, Peveragno, Robilante, Roccavione, and Vernante.
The town of Boves was the scene, on 19 September 1943, of a massacre of civilians by the 1st SS Panzer Division, in which the German troops set fire to more than 350 houses and killed numerous villagers.
- All demographics and other statistics: Italian statistical institute Istat.