|Look up bolus in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
Bolus can refer to
- Bolus (medicine), the administration of a drug, medication or other substance in the form of a single, large dose
- Bolus (radiation therapy), a tissue equivalent substance used in radiation therapy
- Bolus (digestion), a ball-shaped mass moving through the digestive tract
- Bolus tracking, technique used in computed tomography imaging, to visualise vessels more clearly
- Triple bolus test, a medical diagnostic procedure used to assess pituitary function
- Bolus of Mendes (3rd century BC), esoteric Greek Philosopher.
- Harry Bolus (1834–1911), South African botanist, botanical artist, businessman and philanthropist.
- Harriet Margaret Louisa Bolus née Kensit (1877–1970), South African botanist
- Malvina Bolus (1906–1997), Canadian historian and art collector, and editor of the Hudson's Bay Company magazine The Beaver.
- Brian Bolus (born 1934), former English cricketer who played in 7 Tests from 1963
- Frank Bolus (1864–1939), English cricketer for Somerset
- Bolus, or Baulus, an Anatolian village on the site of ancient Berissa
- Bolus, Iran, a village in Ardabil Province, Iran
- Bolus (spaceflight), a type of space tether
- bole, a reddish soft variety of clay used as a pigment, such as bolus armenus
- Vigilante Bolus, an insecticide used with cattle to reduce the number of flies in an area
- Bolus Herbarium, a herbarium at the University of Cape Town established in 1865 from a donation by Harry Bolus
- Zeeuwse Bolus, a pastry from the Netherlands
- Bolus hook, an instrument in a Jacquard loom