Bloemendaal city hall
Location in North Holland
|Coordinates: 52°24′N 4°36′E / 52.400°N 4.600°ECoordinates: 52°24′N 4°36′E / 52.400°N 4.600°E|
|• Body||Municipal council|
|• Total||45.18 km2 (17.44 sq mi)|
|• Land||39.73 km2 (15.34 sq mi)|
|• Water||5.45 km2 (2.10 sq mi)|
|Elevation||12 m (39 ft)|
|Population (May 2014)|
|• Density||560/km2 (1,500/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
In October 2015, after persistent problems with the local governance in Bloemendaal, the King's Commissioner of North Holland, Johan Remkes, threatened to disband the municipality if the problems were not fixed within a year. Bernt Schneiders, the mayor of Haarlem, was appointed as acting mayor of Bloemendaal.
The municipal government of Bloemendaal consists of 19 seats, which are (in 2008) divided as follows:
- VVD - 7 seats
- CDA - 4 seats
- D66 - 3 seats
- PvdA - 2 seats
- Liberaal Bloemendaal - 2 seats
- GroenLinks - 1 seat
In 1925 Thijsse's Hof (the Garden of Thijsse) was created. It was the first wildlife garden in the Netherlands. It was gifted to Jac. P. Thijsse at the occasion of his 60th birthday. The garden still exists today.
- "College van B en W" [Board of mayor and aldermen] (in Dutch). Gemeente Bloemendaal. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Kerncijfers wijken en buurten" [Key figures for neighbourhoods]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 2 July 2013. Retrieved 12 March 2014.
- "Postcodetool for 2051ED". Actueel Hoogtebestand Nederland (in Dutch). Het Waterschapshuis. Retrieved 25 February 2014.
- "Bevolkingsontwikkeling; regio per maand" [Population growth; regions per month]. CBS Statline (in Dutch). CBS. 26 June 2014. Retrieved 24 July 2014.
- Statistics Netherlands (15 November 2010). "Bloemendaal en Wassenaar zijn rijkste gemeenten". Retrieved March 2, 2012.
- "Noord-Holland dreigt met opheffen Bloemendaal" (in Dutch). Algemeen Dagblad. 7 October 2015. Retrieved 26 December 2015.
|North Sea|| Haarlem|
|Zandvoort||Noordwijkerhout (ZH), Hillegom (ZH)||Haarlemmermeer|