Blind Date (2007 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Stanley Tucci|
Gijs van de Westelaken
|Edited by||Camilla Toniolo|
|Distributed by||Variance Films|
Blind Date is a 2007 drama film from director Stanley Tucci. This is Tucci's fourth directorial feature, who also stars and co-wrote the screenplay with David Schechter. The film premiered at the 2008 Sundance Film Festival. The film is a remake of the 1996 film of the same name by the late Dutch director Theo van Gogh.
While struggling to reconnect after the death of their daughter, a married couple construct an elaborate game of pretend on a series of blind dates, hoping that they will be able to openly talk about the state of their relationship in the wake of tragedy.
- Stanley Tucci as Don, the husband
- Patricia Clarkson as Janna, the wife
- Thijs Römer as the waiter
- Gerdy De Decker as the tango dancer
- Georgina Verbaan as the cute woman
- Robin Holzauer as the little girl
- Sarah Hyland as the child
- Peer Mascini as the sole drinker