Black Theatre Alliance
The BTA was formed in 1971 by Delano Stewart, Hazel Brant and Roger Furhman. It initially comprised seven theater companies and made a newsletter to promote black theater. By 1973, the number grew to 139 black theaters. It holds an annual theater festival and also includes Dance companies. In 1995 it started the Black Theater Alliance awards and has gone on till present day.
- Jaynes, Gerald D. (1 February 2005). "Encyclopedia of African American Society". SAGE Publications – via Google Books.
- Appiah, Anthony; Jr, Henry Louis Gates (16 March 2005). "Africana: The Encyclopedia of the African and African American Experience". Oxford University Press – via Google Books.
- Mayo, Sandra M.; Holt, Elvin (15 January 2016). "Stages of Struggle and Celebration: A Production History of Black Theatre in Texas". University of Texas Press – via Google Books.
- Rubin, Don; Solorzano, Carlos (8 October 2013). "World Encyclopedia of Contemporary Theatre: The Americas". Routledge – via Google Books.
- "Black Theater Alliance Awards announces nominations".