|IATA: BIR – ICAO: VNVT|
|Elevation AMSL||236 ft / 72 m|
|Coordinates||26°28′53″N 87°15′50″E / 26.48139°N 87.26389°ECoordinates: 26°28′53″N 87°15′50″E / 26.48139°N 87.26389°E|
Location of airport in Nepal
Owned and operated by the Government of Nepal, Biratnagar Airport commenced operations on 6 July 1958. The airport is located at an elevation of 236 feet (72 m) above mean sea level. It has one runway designated 09/27 with an asphalt surface measuring 1,505 by 30 metres (4,938 ft × 98 ft).
The airport is capable of handling aircraft from the Nepalese Army Air Service. Nepal government has approved to make it the largest international airport in Nepal.
Airlines and destinations
|Nepal Airlines||Bhojpur, Lamidanda, Taplejung, Thamkharka, Tumlingtar|
- Airport information for VNVT from DAFIF (effective October 2006)
- Airport information for Biratnagar, Nepal (VNVT / BIR) at Great Circle Mapper. Source: DAFIF (effective October 2006).
- "Flight schedule". Buddha Air. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Destinations". Gorkha Airlines. Archived from the original on March 28, 2010. Retrieved 8 June 2010.
- "Schedule Effective from 15 May 2010 to 30 October 2010". Nepal Airlines. Retrieved 7 June 2010.
- "Destinations". Sita Air. Retrieved 6 June 2010.
- "Scheduled flights". Yeti Airlines. Retrieved 6 June 2010.