Billericay Rural District

Billericay RD
  1911 49,394 acres (200 km²)
  1931 49,393 acres (200 km²)
  1901 17,504
  1931 39,700
  Created 1894
  Abolished 1934
  Succeeded by Brentwood Urban District
Billericay Urban District
Chelmsford Rural District
Status Rural district

Billericay Rural District was a local government district in Essex, England from 1894 to 1934.

It consisted of the following parishes:[1]

In 1934 the district was abolished. Hutton, Ingrave and South Weald went to Brentwood Urban District and most of the remainder went to Billericay Urban District with parts of some parishes (1,659 acres) transferred to Chelmsford Rural District.[2]


  1. Vision of Britain - Billericay RD (historic map)
  2. Vision of Britain Archived 30 September 2007 at the Wayback Machine. - Chelmsford RD

Coordinates: 51°36′N 0°24′E / 51.6°N 0.4°E / 51.6; 0.4

This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/19/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.