Bill Taylor (naval officer)
|Member of the Australian Parliament|
9 April 1988 – 31 August 1998
|Preceded by||Tom McVeigh|
|Succeeded by||Ian Macfarlane|
14 September 1938|
|Political party||Liberal Party of Australia|
Commodore William Leonard 'Bill' Taylor (born 14 September 1938) was an Australian Naval Officer, Politician and Administrator. He was born in Toowoomba, Queensland and later served that City and surrounding districts as the Commonwealth Parliamentary representative.
- 1957 - 1988 Military Service, Royal Australian Navy
- 1988 - 1998 Member for the Commonwealth Parliamentary seat of Groom in Queensland (Liberal)
- 1999 - 2003 Administrator (Governor) for the Indian Ocean Territories, Christmas Island and the Cocos (Keeling) Islands
- Bill Taylor served as Administrator from 4 February 1999 to 1 November 2003
- The Tampa affair August 2001 occurred at Christmas Island during Bill Taylor's term as Administrator.
|Parliament of Australia|
|Member for Groom
| Succeeded by|
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 11/2/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.