Bhakta Prahlada (1967 film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Chitrapu Narayana Rao|
|Produced by||A. V. Meiyappan|
Narasa Raju D.V.|
S. V. Ranga Rao
Bala Murali Krishna
|Music by||Saluri Rajeshwara Rao|
|Distributed by||AVM Productions|
Bhakta Prahlada (English: Devotee Prahlada) (Telugu: భక్త ప్రహ్లాద) is a 1967 Telugu devotional film produced by AVM Productions about a devotee Prahlada in The Story of Narasimha of the Hindu religion. The film stars child actress Rojaramani as Prahlada, S. V. Ranga Rao as Hiranya Kasapa and Anjali Devi as Leelavati. The film was eventually dubbed into Kannada, Tamil and remade in Hindi with the same name. The Tamil version was not fully dubbed. The part that Balaiyyah acted was remade.
- Producer - A. V. Meiyappan using the banner AVM productions along with Veerappan & Co.
- Director - Chitrapu Narayana Murthy, well known as Ch Narayana Murthy.
- Background and soundtrack Music - S. Rajeswara Rao.
- Story and Dailogues - D. V. Narasa Raju
- Song Lyrics - Samudrala Sr., Samudrala Jr., Dasarathi, Arudra, Kosaraju, Padmaraju
- Poems - from old poet Potana.
- Singers - Madhavapeddi Satyam, Pitapuram Nageswararao, P. Susheela, S. Janaki, Sulamangalam Rajalakshmi, L. R. Eswari.
- Dance composition - Vempati Chinasatyam, P.S. Gopalakrishnan, K.S. Reddy.
- Camera - A. Vincent
- Studios - AVM Studios, Gemini Studios.
- Hiranyakashipu - S. V. Ranga Rao.
- Prahlada - Rojaramani.
- Leelavati - Anjali
- Narada - Bala Murali Krishna
- Teachers - Padmanabham and Relangi
- Hari - Haranath
- Snake Charmer - Ramana Reddy
- Other small characters - Dhulipala, Nagaiah, Jayanti, T. Kanakam, Vanisri, Santa, Meena Devi, Sunita, Sushila
- Dancers: L. Vijayalakshmi, Vijayalalita, Gitanjali, Venniradai Nirmala
There are some 23 melodious songs and poems in the film directed by Saluri Rajeswara Rao.
|"Aadi Anaadiyu Neeve Deva"||Dasarathi||Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna|
|"Aadukovayya O Ramesha"||Samudrala||P. Susheela group|
|"Andani Suraseema" (Beautiful Suraseema)||Samudrala||P. Susheela, S. Janaki, S. Rajyalaxmi|
|"Balayutulaku Durbalulaku Balamevvadu"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Bhujashakti Naa toda Porada Shankinchi"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Chadivinchiri Nanu Guruvulu" (The Gurus who Taught Me)||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Janani Janani Varadayini"||Palagummi Padmaraju||S. Janaki|
|"Jeevamu Neeve Kada" (You Alone Are Life)||Samudrala||P. Susheela|
|"Kaladambodhi Galandu Gaali"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Kanjakshuku Gaani Kayambu Kayame"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Kanulaku Veluguvu Neeve Kaava"||Samudrala||P. Susheela, S. Janaki|
|"Karunaleni Manasu Kathina Pashanambu"||Dasarathi||P. Susheela|
|"Mandara Makaranda Maadhuryamunadelu"||Potana||P. Susheela|
|"Munchiti Vardhulan Gadala Mottiti"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Narayana Mantram Srimannarayana Bhajanam"||Samudrala||P. Susheela|
|"Panchabdambulavadu Tandrinagu"||Potana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Pamulollomayya Maa Pegge Choodarayya"||Kosaraju||Pithapuram Nageswara Rao, L. R. Eswari|
|"Raa Raa Priya Sundara" (Come O Beautiful Lover)||Dasarathi||P. Susheela|
|"Siri Siri Laali Chinnari Laali"||Arudra||S. Janaki and Balamuralikrishna|
|"Srimanini Mandira Bhakta Mandara"||Samudrala||P. Susheela and Balamuralikrishna|
|"Varamosage Vanamaali"||Samudrala||Mangalampalli Balamuralikrishna|
|"Vatuthara Neeti Sastrachaya Paraga"||Pothana||Madhavapeddi Satyam|
|"Yella Sareera Dharulaku Nillanu"||Pothana||P. Susheela|