Beaches of Warsaw
The Beaches in Warsaw began to be popular with sunbathing during the interwar period of the 20th century. In around the Miedzeszyński Embankment (Wał Miedzeszyński) functioned a popular beach area, this included the Beach of the Kozłowski Brothers (Plaża Braci Kozłowskich) and the Poniatówka urban beach - both of which had wooden pavilions and changing rooms. The modern functional beaches in Warsaw were featured in National Geographic's Top Urban Beaches in the World.
- Białołęka Beach (plaża na Białołęce) in the vicinity of the Maria Skłodowska-Curie Bridge.
- Żoliborz Beach (plaża na Żoliborzu) in the vicinity of the Olympic Centre (Centrum Olimpijskie).
- Beach by the music club La Playa by the Wybrzeże Helskie, connected by a ferry crossing to Podzamcze.
- Stadium Beach (plaża Stadion) in the vicinity of the National Stadium, connected by a ferry with the Wybrzeże Kościuszkowskie, with a built pavilion located by the beach built by the City of Warsaw.
- Beach by the Kryniczna Street (plaża przy ul. Krynicznej) located close by the Łazienkowska Thoroughfare, the beach functions for over 70–80 years in the same place. The beach is connected by a ferry crossing with the Cypel Czerniakowski.
- Wilanów Beach (plaża Wilanów) is located by the Aleja Wilanowska.
- Zieliński, Jarosław (2013). Przedwojenne Kamionek, Grochów, Saska Kępa : najpiękniejsze fotografie (Wyd. 1. ed.). Warszawa: Wydawnictwo RM. ISBN 978-83-7773-011-9.
- "Beaches in the Centre of Warsaw". WP. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Beach by Skłodowska Curie Bridge". Wyborcza. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Żoliborz Beach". Żoliborz. Archived from the original on 26 April 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Home Page". La Playa. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Saska Kępa Beach". Urząd Miasta Warszawa. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Ferry Crossings In Warsaw". ZTM. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Wilanów Beach". Wilanów. Retrieved 12 October 2015.
- "Tramwaje". ZTW. Retrieved 12 October 2015.