Be'er Tuvia Regional Council
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Be'er Tuvia Regional Council.|
|Be'er Tuvia Regional Council|
מועצה אזורית באר טוביה
|• Head of Council||Dror Shor|
|• Total||140,000 dunams (140 km2 or 50 sq mi)|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||IDT (UTC+3)|
It borders Yoav and Nahal Sorek regional councils in the east; Hof Ashkelon regional council, the Mediterranean Sea, the city of Ashdod and Gan Yavne local council in the west; Gederot, Hevel Yavne regional councils and Gedera, Bnei Aish local councils in the north; Shafir regional council in the south. The town of Kiryat Malakhi is enclaved in the middle.
Be'er Tuvia was incorporated as a regional council in 1950, with a land-area of approximately 140,000 dunams (140 km²). According to the Israel Central Bureau of Statistics, the regional council had a population of 18,600.
Initially all settlements in the area were built as agricultural. There are lot of plantations and crop fields can be seen. Farms producing beef and milk are also developed. The Buffalo Ranch in Bitzaron is very famous.
Yet, over the years the local government developed industry on the lands that belongs to the regional council.
Today there are four industry zones:
- Kannot industry zone - located on junction between Highway 40 and Highway 41. It became an important logistic center and site of several festivity halls.
- Be'er Tuvia industry zone - located near Kiryat Malakhi on junction between Highway 3 and Highway 40. It contains numerous factories and workshops.
- Ad Halom industry zone - located on Highway 4 south of Ashdod. Some of its factories cause air pollution in Ashdod. The municipality of Ashdod demands to take control over the zone, since it stands near Tel Ashdod - location of ancient philistine city.
- Mivza - Re'em industrial zone - a small industry area south of Bnei Aish.
List of settlements
- Official website (Hebrew)