Baron Aschwin of Sierstorpff-Cramm
|Baron Aschwin of Sierstorpff-Cramm|
29 March 1846|
Lohndorf, Kingdom of Bavaria
14 October 1909 63) (aged|
Reckenwalde, Kingdom of Prussia
|Spouse||Baroness Hedwig of Sierstorpff-Driburg|
Hedwig, Countess Wilhelm of Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff|
Princess Armgard of Lippe-Biesterfeld
|Father||Adolf of Cramm|
|Mother||Hedwig of Cramm|
Baron Aschwin of Sierstorpff-Cramm (German: Freiherr Aschwin von Sierstorpff-Cramm; 29 March 1846 – 14 October 1909) was the maternal grandfather of Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld, Prince consort of Queen Juliana of the Netherlands.
Aschwin married on 24 September 1872 at Bad Driburg to Baroness Hedwig of Sierstorpff-Driburg (1848–1900), member of a Prussian noble family, she was daughter of Count Ernst of Sierstorpff-Driburg, and his wife, Baroness Karoline of Vincke.
They had four daughters:
- Hedwig (10 January 1874 – 21 January 1907), married in 1896 to Count Wilhelm of Oeynhausen-Sierstorpff, had issue.
- Wanda (9 August 1879 – 1960), married in 1900 to Max von Krieger, had issue.
- Erika (1880–1915), married to Caspar von der Marwitz, had issue.
- Armgard (18 December 1883 – 27 April 1971), married in 1905 to Count Bodo of Oeynhausen, divorced in 1908, no issue; Married secondly in 1909 to Prince Bernhard of Lippe-Biesterfeld, had issue.
In 1881, Aschwin added the last name of his wife (Sierstorpff) to his own.
Aschwin was hereditary chamberlain of the Duke of Brunswick. Later he served as Master of the Horse where he met with the Sultan of the Ottoman Empire. He settled on his estate of Reckenwalde, Province of Brandenburg (now Wojnowo, Poland).
|Ancestors of Baron Aschwin of Sierstorpff-Cramm|
Notes and sources
- Genealogics - Leo van de Pas - Freiherr Aschwin von Sierstorpff-Cramm
- Genealogisches Handbuch des Adels, Fürstliche Häuser, Reference: 1964 548