Now the cathedral of the diocese of Barbastro-Monzón, along with the co-cathedral at Monzón. The present church was erected between 1517 and 1533 by Juan de Sariñena, Juan de Segura and others. The church was declared a national monument in 1931. Of interest are the thin columns ending in floral and decorated capitals. The main retablo has scenes dedicated to the Assumption of the Virgin and Passion of Christ with a base of alabaster sculpted in a Plateresque style by the school of Damián Forment. The superior part was carved in wood during 1600 y 1602. The chapel of San Jose has a retablo dedicated to the St Abbot Victorián, and is attributed to Bartolomé Bermejo or his studio.
One of the south chapels has a venerated wood icon titled the Santo Cristo de los Milagros (1939), carved by Enrique Monjó just after the end of the Spanish Civil War. One relief commemorates the martyred bishop blessed Florentino Asensio.