Bale Pandiya (1962 film)
|Directed by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Produced by||B. R. Panthulu|
|Written by||Ma. Ra.|
|Screenplay by||Dada Mirasi|
M. R. Radha
|Edited by||R. Devarajan|
|Distributed by||Padmini Pictures|
|26 May 1962|
Bale Pandiya (Tamil: பலே பாண்டியா) is a 1962 Tamil language comedy film directed by B. R. Panthulu. Starring Sivaji Ganesan, M. R. Radha and Devika in the lead roles, the music was scored by Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy. It is the first film to feature Sivaji Ganesan in three distinct roles.
Bale Pandiya (Sivaji Ganesan) is a young man who leads a troubled life. He is continuously being chased by Marudhu (also Sivaji Ganesan) - a look-alike of him and Marudhu's boss Kabali (M. R. Radha), who would be given a lot of money if they killed Pandiya. While being chased by them once, he gets into a runaway car being driven by an insane young girl(Vasanthi). The car crashes, but the girl gets cured from her insanity. Her father allows Pandiya, who is homeless, to stay with them. Parallelly, Pandiya falls for Geetha (Devika) and her father Amritha Lingam (also M. R. Radha) accepts the romance. But Marudhu and Kabali's pursuit for Pandiya still continues, and they successfully toss him into the sea. However Pandiya's elder brother Shankar (also Sivaji Ganesan), a scientist finds out about everything and agrees to help. He pretends to be Pandiya after faking his own death and confronts Marudhu and Kabali, making them shocked to see "Pandiya" alive. Just then, the real Pandiya steps in, revealing that two fisherman saved him from drowning and hell breaks loose. The two brothers battle the criminals and in the process, Kabali accidentally shoots Marudhu dead. Saddened by the death of his friend, he commits suicide. So Pandiya and Geetha are re-united.
- Sivaji Ganesan - Bale Pandiya / Marudhu / Shankar
- M. R. Radha - Kabali (Marudhu's Boss) / Amritha Lingam (Geetha's Father)
- Devika - Geetha, Lead Female Actor
- K. Balaji - Ravi, Cousin of Geetha
- Vasanthi - Pandiya's adopted sister (the insane girl)
- M. R. Santhanam
- M. S. S. Bagyam
- K. V. Sreenivasan
- Producer: B. R. Panthulu
- Production Company: Padmini Pictures
- Director: B. R. Panthulu
- Music: Viswanathan–Ramamoorthy
- Lyrics: Kannadasan
- Story: Ma. Ra. & Joshi
- Screenplay: Dada Mirasi
- Dialogues: Ma. Ra.
- Art Direction: V. M. Varthukar
- Editing: R. Devarajan
- Choreography: None
- Cinematography: V. Ramamoorthy
- Stunt: None
- Audiography: P. V. Koteswara Rao
- Dance: None
Shortly before his trip to the United States, Sivaji Ganesan had signed up for Bale Pandiya. He visited the studios on the second day of the month, and left on the twelfth after the film was completed. Ganesan claimed himself to hold the "world record of completing a film in eleven days time." He played three distinct roles, while his co-star M. R. Radha played two roles. The entire film was completed in 15 days, with shooting going on simultaneously at three different places.
|1||Aadhi Manidhan||P. B. Sreenivas, Jamuna Rani||Kannadasan||03:56|
|2||Athi Kai Kai||T. M. Soundararajan, P.B. Sreenivas, P. Susheela, Jamuna Rani||05:23|
|3||Naan Enna Solliviten||T. M. Soundararajan||03:58|
|4||Neeye Unaku Endrum (Mama Maple)||T. M. Soundararajan, M. Raju||06:32|
|5||Vaazha Ninaithaal||T. M. Soundararajan, P. Susheela||04:45|
|6||Yaarai Enge Vaipadhendru||T. M. Soundararajan||03:35|
- "Bale Pandiya Release". nadigarthilagam. Retrieved 2014-12-08.
- "Bale Pandiya (1962) - Movie Reviews, Videos, Wallpapers, Photos, Cast & Crew, Story & Synopsis on". Popcorn.oneindia.in. 26 May 1962. Archived from the original on 7 April 2012. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "A doyen among actors". Chennai, India: Hindu.com. 1928-10-01. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- Sivaji Ganesan (2002). Autobiography of an Actor, p. 132, Sivaji Prabhu Charities Trust, Chennai
- Rangarajan, Malathi (2012-02-02). "A 100 goes unsung". The Hindu. Chennai, India.
- "Balepandiya Songs - Balepandiya Tamil Movie Songs - Tamil Songs Lyrics Trailer Videos, Preview Stills Reviews". Raaga.com. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- "Supersinger Winner Diwakar, "Balaey Pandia" Film and the TMS-Raju Song"Neeyay Unakku Endrum Nigaraanavan". dbsjeyaraj.com. 19 August 2014. Retrieved 12 October 2016.
- "Siddharth Chandrasekhar | Tamil Movie | Bale Pandiya | Prasanna | Sivaji Ganesan". Entertainment.oneindia.in. 2008-11-26. Retrieved 2012-03-05.
- 27 November 2008 (2008-11-27). "Bale Pandiya - Not the same on reels | Kollywood Today". Kollywoodtoday.in. Retrieved 2012-03-05.