Map of Iloilo with Balasan highlighted
Location within the Philippines
|Coordinates: 11°28′N 123°05′E / 11.467°N 123.083°ECoordinates: 11°28′N 123°05′E / 11.467°N 123.083°E|
|Region||Western Visayas (Region VI)|
|Legislative district||5th district of Iloilo|
|• Mayor||Filomeno V. Ganzon|
|• Total||54.27 km2 (20.95 sq mi)|
|• Density||550/km2 (1,400/sq mi)|
|Time zone||PST (UTC+8)|
Balasan is a fourth class municipality in the province of Iloilo, Philippines. According to the 2010 census, it has a population of 29,724 people. It is known for its bibingka and is 129 kilometres (80 mi) from the provincial capital, Iloilo City, and 58 kilometres (36 mi) from Roxas City.
In 1950, the barrio of Zarragoza was transferred from the town of Batad.
Balasan is politically subdivided into 23 barangays.
- Mamhut Norte
- Mamhut Sur
- Poblacion Norte
- Poblacion Sur
|Population census of Balasan|
|Source: National Statistics Office|
- "Municipalities". Quezon City, Philippines: Department of the Interior and Local Government. Archived from the original on 25 January 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Province: Iloilo". PSGC Interactive. Makati City, Philippines: National Statistical Coordination Board. Archived from the original on 10 May 2013. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "Total Population by Province, City, Municipality and Barangay: as of May 1, 2010" (PDF). 2010 Census of Population and Housing. National Statistics Office. Archived from the original (PDF) on 15 December 2012. Retrieved 20 February 2013.
- "An act to transfer a certain barrio from the territorial jurisdiction of the municipality of Batad, province of Iloilo to the municipality of Balasan, same province". LawPH.com. Retrieved 2011-04-09.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Balasan, Iloilo.|
- Philippine Standard Geographic Code
- Philippine Census Information
- Local Governance Performance Management System