Bagrat de Bagration y de Baviera
|Bagrat de Bagration|
Prince of Georgia|
Prince of Mukhrani
Grandee of Spain
12 January 1949|
|House||House of Mukhrani|
|Father||Prince Irakli Bagration of Mukhrani|
|Mother||Maria de las Mercedes of Bavaria and Bourbon|
|Religion||Georgian Orthodox Church|
|Georgian Royal Family|
HRH Princess Nuria
HRH Prince Bagrat
Bagrat de Bagration y de Baviera, also Bagrat Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky (born 12 January 1949) is Spanish-Georgian nobleman, member of the House of Mukhrani.
He was born in Madrid, Spain, as the third child of Irakli Bagration of Mukhrani and Infanta Doña María de las Mercedes of Bavaria and Bourbon. Jorge de Bagration is his elder half brother and his sister Mariam de Bagration.
He was baptised at his home in Madrid on 2 February 1949 as Bragrat Juan María de Fátima de Todos los Santos by the Patriarch of Madrid-Alcalá and the Indias. His Godparents were HRH Don Juan de Borbón, and HRH Princess María Mercedes of Bourbon-Two Sicilies, Count and Countess of Barcelona. He was then presented by his mother to the Virgin of Atocha. He is a Knight of Honour and Devotion of the Sovereign Order of the Hospital of St John of Jerusalem of Rodas and Malta. (Spanish association) No. 21658 as decreed in the Magisterial Palace of Rome on 31 January 1980).
On the paternal side, Prince Bagrat is the great-grandson of Alexandre Bagration-Moukhrani and Marie Golovatcheff, of Count Sigismond Zlotniki-Zlotniki and Maria Eristoff of Ksani, and of George Bagration of Mukhrani and Helena Zlotnicka.
Bagrat married Doña María del Carmen de Ulloa y Suelves (b. 6 May 1953) on 12 November 1976 at San Jerónimo el Real in Madrid. María del Carmen is the daughter of Gonzalo Maria de Ulloa y Ramírez de Haro, 10th Marquess of Castro-Serna and 12nd Count of Adanero, and of María Josefa de Suelves y Ponsich. From this marriage were born:
- Juan Jorge Bagration of Mukhrani, born on 18 August 1977 in Madrid; married Florianne del Rio Thorn in 2003, the couple divorced without descendants in 2008. Juan remarried, in 2014, the Georgian model Kristine Dzidziguri.
- Inés Bagration of Mukhrani, born on 4 of December 1980 in Madrid.
|Ancestors of Bagrat Bagration of Mukhrani|
- Lundy, Darryl (10 May 2003). "Bagrat Bagration-Moukhransky, Prince Bagration-Moukhransky". The Peerage. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Bragat [sic] de Bragation [sic] de Mukhrani y de Baviera". El País (in Spanish). 17 November 1976. Retrieved 25 February 2013.
- "Kingdom of Georgia, House of Bagrationi and Imeretinsky". Almanach de Gotha. Retrieved 27 February 2013.
- "La boda rondeña del príncipe georgiano Juan de Bagration". ABC.es (in Spanish). 10 May 2014. Retrieved 16 December 2014.