Bâton rouge (film)
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||Rachid Bouchareb|
|Produced by||Lyric International and TF1 Films Production|
Rachid Bouchareb |
|Music by||John Faure|
|Edited by||Guy Lecorne|
In a town on the outskirts of Paris, Karim, Abdenour and Mozart search for small acting jobs. Karim's father reassures him that he will someday become someone important. Abdenour, orphaned, promises his brother that he may soon withdraw from welfare. Mozart, a saxophonist, dreams of going to America, to Baton Rouge, Louisiana, which he considers the capital of blues music.
The dream soon becomes a reality in the wake of Abdenour falling in love with Becky, a young American, and thanks to one of the three friends' tricks allow them to obtain airline tickets to New York City. Their pursuits continue across the Atlantic.
- Jacques Penot : Alain Lefebvre 'Mozart'
- Pierre-Loup Rajot : Abdenour
- Hammou Graïa : Karim
- Frédéric Wizmane : Bruno
- Katia Tchenko : Director of DASS
- Larbi Zekkal : Karim's father
- Elaine Foster : Victoria Paine
- Romain Bouteille : Monsieur Temporaire
- Jacques Frantz : Fast-food manager
- Christian Charmetant : Architect
- Alexandra Steinbaum : Becky