Ayşe Seniyeperver Sultan
|Ayşe Seniyeperver Sultan|
|Valide Sultan of the Ottoman Empire|
|Tenure||29 May 1807 - 28 July 1808|
11 December 1828 (aged 67)|
|Burial||Eyüp Sultan Camii, in Eyüp, Istanbul|
|House||House of Osman (by marriage)|
|Religion||Islam, previously Orthodox Christian|
Ayşe performed Valide Sultan's obligations as de facto co-ruler of the Ottoman Sultan for fourteen months from 29 May 1807 until 28 July 1808. She was responsible for his education, but Mustafa preferred to live a life of pleasure instead of focusing on his studies. Her regency culminated by the deposition of Mustafa IV as a result of an insurrection led by Alemdar Mustafa Pasha on 28 July 1808. She apparently fell on hard times, for she wrote Mahmud II a letter in which she asked him for a house to live in.
She lived more than twenty years after the execution of Mustafa IV by order of the next Ottoman Sultan Mahmud II. She died on 11 December 1828 in Constantinople. Her burial place is located at The Fountain (Şadırvan) Courtyard of Eyüp Sultan Mosque in Eyüp, Istanbul.
- List of sultans of the Ottoman Empire
- Line of succession to the Ottoman throne
- Ottoman Emperors family tree (simplified)
- Ottoman family tree (more detailed)
- Peirce, Leslie P., The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire, Oxford University Press, 1993, ISBN 0-19-508677-5 (paperback).
- Yavuz Bahadıroğlu, Resimli Osmanlı Tarihi, Nesil Yayınları (Ottoman History with Illustrations, Nesil Publications), 15th Ed., 2009, ISBN 978-975-269-299-2 (Hardcover).
- Yavuz Bahadıroğlu, Resimli Osmanlı Tarihi, Nesil Yayınları (Ottoman History with Illustrations, Nesil Publications), 15th Ed., 2009, page 395, ISBN 978-975-269-299-2
- Fanny Davis (1986). The Ottoman Lady: A Social History from 1718 to 1918. Greenwood Publishing Group. p. 6. ISBN 978-0-313-24811-5.
- John Freely (2001). Inside the Seraglio: private lives of the sultans in Istanbul. Penguin.
- Leslie P. Peirce (1993). The Imperial Harem: Women and Sovereignty in the Ottoman Empire. 198 Madison Avenue, New York, New York 10016-4314: Oxford University Press. p. 312. ISBN 978-0-19-508677-5.
- Gábor Ágoston, Bruce Alan Masters (1 Jan 2009). Encyclopedia of the Ottoman Empire. Infobase Publishing. p. 414. ISBN 978-1-438-11025-7.
- M. Çağatay Uluçay (2011). Padişahların kadınları ve kızları. Ötüken. pp. 248–49. ISBN 978-9-754-37840-5.
29 May 1807 – 28 July 1808
| Succeeded by|