Australian referendum, 1946
The 1946 Australian Referendum was held on 28 September 1946. It contained three referendum questions.
|Question||NSW||Vic||Qld||SA||WA||Tas||States in favour||Voters in favour||Result|
|(20) Social Services||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||6:0||54.4%||Carried|
|(21) Marketing||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||3:3||50.6%||Not carried|
|(22) Industrial Employment||Yes||Yes||No||No||Yes||No||3:3||50.3%||Not carried|
The referendum was held in conjunction with the 1946 federal election.
- ↑ Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites - Referendum results". Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Select sources on constitutional change in Australia 1901-1997. Part 2 - History of Australian Referendums (PDF). Commonwealth of Australia. 24 March 1997. ISBN 0644484101.
- Handbook of the 44th Parliament (2014) "Part 5 - Referendums and Plebiscites". Parliamentary Library of Australia.
- Bennett, Scott (2003). "Research Paper no. 11 2002–03: The Politics of Constitutional Amendment". Canberra: Parliamentary Library of Australia..
- Australian Electoral Commission (2007) Referendum Dates and Results 1906 – Present AEC, Canberra.
This article is issued from Wikipedia - version of the 10/21/2016. The text is available under the Creative Commons Attribution/Share Alike but additional terms may apply for the media files.