Auckland University Press
Auckland University Press is a leading New Zealand publisher that produces creative and scholarly work for a general audience. Founded in 1966 and formally recognised as Auckland University Press in 1972, it is an independent publisher based within The University of Auckland, Auckland, New Zealand. The Press currently publishes around 20 new books a year in history and politics, art and architecture, literature and poetry, Māori, Pacific and Asian Studies, science, business and health. It published its 500th book in 2005 of which 22 were prize winning publications.
1966–1970: Published for the University of Auckland by the Oxford University Press
1970–1986: Auckland University Press/Oxford University Press
1986–: Auckland University Press
1995–1998: a small number of books carried the imprint Auckland University Press/Bridget Williams Books
- Beattie, Graham. "Beattie's Book Blog - unofficial homepage of the New Zealand book community". Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- "Awards: Auckland University Press books and authors recognised at national book awards.". Auckland University Press. Retrieved 22 May 2013.
- Auckland University Press website/
- Short video history of Auckland University Press
- Book Publishers Association of New Zealand listing