Auberge d'Aragon, Birgu
|Berġa ta' Aragona|
|Status||Intact with some alterations|
|Address||No. 28–30, Hilda Tabone Street|
|Coordinates||35°53′18.8″N 14°31′23″E / 35.888556°N 14.52306°ECoordinates: 35°53′18.8″N 14°31′23″E / 35.888556°N 14.52306°E|
|Construction started||16th century|
The Auberge d'Aragon (Maltese: Berġa ta' Aragona) is an auberge in Birgu, Malta. It was built in the 16th century to house knights of the Order of Saint John from the langue of Aragon, Navarre and Catalonia.
The auberge was located within Birgu's collachio, adjacent to Auberge d'Auvergne et Provence and Auberge de France. The building is two stories high, and it has a central doorway and two balconies. The building housed the Langue of Aragon until a larger Auberge d'Aragon was built in Valletta sometime after 1571.
The building was included on the Antiquities List of 1925, together with the other auberges in Birgu. It was scheduled as a Grade 1 national monument on 22 December 2009, and it is also listed on the National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands.
- "Auberge d' Aragon" (PDF). National Inventory of the Cultural Property of the Maltese Islands. 28 December 2012. Archived from the original (PDF) on 8 December 2015.
- Zahra, Lorenzo A. "The Spanish Langues and Auberges of the Order in Birgu" (PDF). Vittoriosa Historical & Cultural Society. Veritas Press. Archived from the original (PDF) on 4 July 2016.
- "Protection of Antiquities Regulations 21st November, 1932 Government Notice 402 of 1932, as Amended by Government Notices 127 of 1935 and 338 of 1939.". Malta Environment and Planning Authority. Archived from the original on 20 April 2016.
- "Auberge D'Aragon". Times of Malta. 22 November 2012. Archived from the original on 23 April 2016.