President and publisher Morgan Entrekin, 2012
|Founder||Result of merger of Grove Press and Atlantic Monthly Press|
|Country of origin||United States|
|Headquarters location||154 W. 14th Street, New York City, New York 10011|
|Distribution||Publishers Group West|
|Key people||Morgan Entrekin (president and publisher)|
|Imprints||Includes Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, Mysterious Press|
History and operations
The company's imprints, which include Grove Press, Atlantic Monthly Press, The Mysterious Press, and Black Cat publish literary fiction, nonfiction, poetry, drama and translations. Former imprints include Canongate U.S. and Open City.
Its notable authors include Donna Leon, Kathy Acker, Samuel Beckett, Mark Bowden, William S. Burroughs, Frantz Fanon, Charles Frazier, Jim Harrison, Henry Miller, Kenzaburō Ōe, Harold Pinter, Kay Ryan, John Kennedy Toole, and Jeanette Winterson.
The company's imprints published the books by the 2006 and 2007 recipients of the Man Booker Prize: The Inheritance of Loss (Hamish Hamilton / Atlantic Monthly Press) by Kiran Desai; and The Gathering (Jonathan Cape / Black Cat) by Anne Enright, respectively.
Since 2010, the British publishing house Atlantic Books has been publishing a selection of books on behalf of Grove/Atlantic, Inc. in the United Kingdom, using the "Grove Press UK" imprint.
- List of companies based in New York City
- List of English-language book publishing companies
- List of English-language small presses
- Méndez, Teresa (January 14, 2004). "The Publisher as Protagonist – In an Industry Dominated by Big Firms, Grove/Atlantic Chief Morgan Entrekin Is a Small-House Standard Bearer for an Aarlier Age, a Writers' Hero in Pursuit of Real Literature (and an Artful Blockbuster or Two Along the Way)". The Christian Science Monitor. Retrieved February 16, 2013.
- Jennifer Maloney (February 5, 2015). "Literary Hub Is a New Home for Book Lovers". WSJ.
- "Man Booker Awards". Bookreporter.com. 2007. Retrieved January 8, 2009. External link in
- "Who We Are". Atlantic Books. Retrieved August 26, 2011.
- Deahl, Rachel (November 1, 2005). "Grove/Atlantic Makes News for Book and Publisher". PW Daily. Retrieved January 7, 2009.
- Reid, Calvin (May 17, 2004). "Grove Atlantic Revives Black Cat Imprint". Publishers Weekly. Retrieved January 7, 2009.