Athletics at the 1976 Summer Olympics
The men's 50 kilometres walk competition was dropped from the Olympic athletics programme, despite its constant presence at the games since 1932. The IAAF chose to host its own world championship event instead, a month and a half after the Olympics. This foreshadowed the creation of the IAAF World Championships in Athletics in the following years.
|1||East Germany (GDR)||11||7||9||27|
|2||United States (USA)||6||8||8||22|
|3||Soviet Union (URS)||4||4||10||18|
|7||West Germany (FRG)||1||4||4||9|
|New Zealand (NZL)||1||1||0||2|
|Trinidad and Tobago (TRI)||1||0||0||1|
|Great Britain (GBR)||0||0||1||1|
- Jenner is now known as Caitlyn due to gender transition in 2015.
- Matthews, Peter (2012). Historical Dictionary of Track and Field (pg. 217). Scarecrow Press (eBook). Retrieved on 2013-09-08.
- IAAF Statistics Book Moscow 2013 (pg. 179). IAAF/AFTS (2013). Edited by Mark Butler. Retrieved on 2013-09-09.
- Buzz Bissinger (June 1, 2015). "Introducing Caitlyn Jenner". Vanity Fair. Retrieved June 1, 2015.
- Athletics at the 1976 Montréal Summer Games. Sports Reference. Retrieved on 2012-06-04.
- International Olympic Committee results database
- Athletics Australia