Arkiv för nordisk filologi
|Discipline||Old Norse literature, culture and philology|
|Edited by||Lars-Olof Delsing, Karl G. Johansson|
Lund University (Sweden)
Arkiv för nordisk filologi, also spelt Arkiv for nordisk filologi, is an annual academic journal of Old Norse and older Scandinavian studies, published by Lund University. It was established in 1882 and was the first scholarly periodical entirely devoted to the field.
The creation of such a journal was discussed at the 1881 convention on Nordic philology, and it began publication in Christiania (now Oslo) in 1882 (volume 1, 1882/83) under the editorship of Gustav Storm, as Arkiv for nordisk filologi. It was the first journal devoted entirely to the field of Old Norse studies. With the fifth volume, dated 1889, it began a new series, with subsequent issues bearing two volume numbers, and moved to Lund, where it was edited by Axel Kock, and the spelling was changed to the Swedish för.
The journal is now published with assistance from the Axel Kocks fond för nordisk filologi. It has appeared annually since 1966; prior to that it published quarterly. It publishes an annual review of new publications in Scandinavian language studies, Litteraturkrönika; from 1886 to 1948, there was a complete listing, published annually at first, then every three years.
- 1883–1888: Gustav Storm
- 1889–1928: Axel Kock
- 1929–1937: Emil Olson
- 1939–1942: Erik Noreen
- 1944–1967: Karl Gustav Ljunggren
- 1968–1978: Ture Johannisson
- 1979–1987: Sven Benson
- 1988–1996: Bengt Pamp and Christer Platzack
- 1997–2007: Göran Hallberg and Christer Platzack
- Arkiv for nordisk filologi, LIBRIS (Swedish), retrieved June 30, 2013.
- Arkiv för nordisk filologi, Lund University Centre for Languages and Literature (Swedish)
- V.D., "Arkiv for nordisk filologi", Salmonsens konversationsleksikon, 2nd ed. volume 2, Copenhagen: Schultz, 1915, OCLC 615208389, p. 99 (Danish)
- F.J., "Arkiv för nordisk filologi", Nordisk familjebok, 19th supplement, Stockholm: Gernandt, 1896, OCLC 249354580, p. 374 (Swedish)
- Arkiv för nordisk filologi, LIBRIS, (Swedish), retrieved 30 June 2013.
- Title page, Volume 5 (New Series Volume 1), Lund, 1889, at Project Runeberg.
- "Arkiv för nordisk filologi", Store norske leksikon (Norwegian), retrieved 29 June 2013.
- Rudolf C. Troike, A Bibliography of Bibliographies of the Languages of the World, Volume 1 General and Indo-European Languages of Europe, Amsterdam studies in the theory and history of linguistic science 5, 19, Amsterdam: Benjamins, 1990, ISBN 9789027237439, p. 129.
- Sven Benson. "ANF 100 år". Arkiv för nordisk filologi 1982, pp. 199–204 (Swedish)
- Official website
- Archive of Volumes 1–24, 1883–1908 at Project Runeberg
- Archive of Volumes 1–39, 1883–1923, at Hathi Trust Digital Library
- Arkiv for nordisk filologi at Heimskringla.no (Norwegian)